Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
Matthew
ninjaKRR
khor
yulizar
ADREY
turbonoshayabusa
hakim
doctor kura-kura
jayjeffrey
rayslasher
kipas
carlnain
nekman
alldisc
KRBKK
19 posters

KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences

Matthew
    Matthew

KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences - Page 5 Empty Re: KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences

Post by Matthew Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:06 pm

So is there supebike method applied on your bike?? is this in front of the abandoned theather area??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences - Page 5 Empty Re: KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Matthew wrote:
    So is there supebike method applied on your bike?? is this in front of the abandoned theather area??

No la, just the mormal way an FXR is supposed to be modded, except my forks are done in a way no other kapchai or small bikes Ive seen. Smile Chear Moto Puchong is the same strecth as Tesco. If Tesco is on your left, Chear Moto is around 2km before that.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 am

Have you inserted SBK USD fork????...I meant advance cycle shop bro?
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Matthew wrote:
    Have you inserted SBK USD fork????...I meant advance cycle shop bro?

No, but the internals are done in a way I've never seen before. The damping and rebound rates are superb. I mean superb! Smile
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Hmm anyway of recommending for my bike?? clown
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Matthew wrote:
    Hmm anyway of recommending for my bike?? clown

Those settings fit more for the track where the tarmac is smooth, will be a bumpier ride on the streets.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I see..but how is it for you on daily usage??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 pm

It was very bumpy before, it is very bumpy now and it will be very bumpy forever... Laughing
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Dont your wrist have pain on a long ride??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Matthew wrote:
    Dont your wrist have pain on a long ride??

I got used to it, since riding my kips.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 am

Need to have a look at your forks settings it will be easier that way....
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Matthew wrote:
    Theres a quite big differences when you even change the size of the rims huuh..

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Yup... a I couldn't get decent lap times on an 18 (in the track) but after the change to a 17, my times dropped right away. The 17 gives you a planted feeling without the sway of an 18 IMHO. That allows you to lean faster and square off the corner without the buttery feeling that your rear is goin to swing right out. Smile

my krz was all time standard from the second one in 2000 to the fifth one non in year 2012 - no modi at all.

to me... there is very high satisfaction when outdoing another 150cc bike stock-to-stock form. this shows whether you have skills or depends heavily on modifications to be in front.

but, there were many ZX riders that had tasted the smell of my 2T smoke... among those were kacang, wan tuah, carlnain and krijauan[serpico] (back from Behrang ride).. and again carlnain, sifu azzo and awin's younger brother back from fraser hill at karak highway.

i was very much surprised when they all say their top speed was like 200kmh only when my bike also was nothing more than 205kmh. but acceleration wise... he he.. my 16 years KRZ definitely smoked kaw2...

pls understand, not trying to show off.. but that was reality and not necessarily that krz was modded. you can try ask all those i mentioned but i think no one will admit... he he.. biasa lah.. i also ego maa.. the same goes to them.

but i learnt my lesson a lot now with my current bike.. since it is new, and the block is like a virgin... i will take care of it and not to let the sleeve incident re-occur.
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:29 pm

and yes, for track purposes.. 17 inch wheels are the best set-up..that is why motogp riders have 17s... 16s and 16.5" as options but never 18".
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm

alldisc wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Yup... a I couldn't get decent lap times on an 18 (in the track) but after the change to a 17, my times dropped right away. The 17 gives you a planted feeling without the sway of an 18 IMHO. That allows you to lean faster and square off the corner without the buttery feeling that your rear is goin to swing right out. Smile

my krz was all time standard from the second one in 2000 to the fifth one non in year 2012 - no modi at all.

to me... there is very high satisfaction when outdoing another 150cc bike stock-to-stock form. this shows whether you have skills or depends heavily on modifications to be in front.

but, there were many ZX riders that had tasted the smell of my 2T smoke... among those were kacang, wan tuah, carlnain and krijauan[serpico] (back from Behrang ride).. and again carlnain, sifu azzo and awin's younger brother back from fraser hill at karak highway.

i was very much surprised when they all say their top speed was like 200kmh only when my bike also was nothing more than 205kmh. but acceleration wise... he he.. my 16 years KRZ definitely smoked kaw2...

pls understand, not trying to show off.. but that was reality and not necessarily that krz was modded. you can try ask all those i mentioned but i think no one will admit... he he.. biasa lah.. i also ego maa.. the same goes to them.

but i learnt my lesson a lot now with my current bike.. since it is new, and the block is like a virgin... i will take care of it and not to let the sleeve incident re-occur.

We are talking about straightline speed, when a KRZ 'blows' a ZX away, which it shouldn't, we know for a fact that the KRZ is not stock, unless the rider on the ZX is a downright loser or weighs like a bloody elephant or seriously messed up their bikes with wrong settings, which we know isn't the case with Matthew here even though he admitted that it could be his riding skills. Top speed wise the KRZ has only 1 advantage over the ZX, it has an 18 inch rear wheel and the ZX isn't known for it's acceleration either. But what do I know, because I don't own either one of the models in discussion. And one of these days I gotta get riding classes from the super riders around this forum. Smile
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 am

KRZ's rim size differ between the back and front?? i dint know that.. shouldn't it be same by right??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm

KRZ's rear rim : 2.15 18inch
    KRZ's front rim : 1.85 17inch
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:31 pm

So does this have advantage in track??
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 pm

KRZ Japan Original Front Rim Enkei 1.60x 17
    Rear Rim Enkei 1.85 x 18
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 pm

kr150c87 wrote:KRZ Japan Original Front Rim Enkei 1.60x 17
    Rear Rim Enkei 1.85 x 18

Oh really? It's not the same size as the Cyclone's rims? Never really took notice of KRZs....
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Matthew wrote:
    So does this have advantage in track??

Not in the track, but top speed wise. And if the KRZ's rims are 1.85 at the rear and 1.60 at the front, it also explains much more why it has an advantage over the ZX stock to stock. Now try putting on the same size rims as the KRZ on the ZX and re-race that bugger that overtook you. You should do better this time. Trust me. Smile
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am

Thats rings the bell...but can KRZ rims fit the ZX??..is it worth it performance wise, i bet there is some MOD needs to be done rite??..or does is make the bike look smarter??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Unless you are straight-line kinda guy, stick to your 2.5 and 1.85 17inch rims...
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok that will do..tinkin of fixing da chamber exhausts soon
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Matthew wrote:
    Ok that will do..tinkin of fixing da chamber exhausts soon

+1 Smile
    banox

KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences - Page 5 Empty Intro ,,,, hiiii para suhu....

Post by banox Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

Greetings , im a newcomer here,,, its good to see a lot of kawak 2 stroke lovers out here...
    1 st of all
    Just wanna share my ride ..

Any comments is welcomed,,,
    KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences - Page 5 Bikepics-1997235-800
    KR150/KIPS/KRR150 old/new model engine differences - Page 5 Bikepics-1997234-800

Specs are optimized for street race use

Regards n greetings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:26 pm