Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+7
asrolsani
centeng
nekman
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
khor
nukehunt
11 posters

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by nukehunt Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 am

Oh I'm sure it will get sorted. these are the trials you get when you mod the crap out of something. Yeah I thought about spacers I'll get the guy to do it. . I feel it has ther potential to be great but it's hard work atm. It's only saving grace is the sticky tyres if the suspension can get sorted it should be a weapon. The motor is the biggests dissapointment. Could this motor hesitancy have something to do with running in? its only done about 300km so far,, It's just got nothing down low..like it has to clear it's throat. Trouble is I don't want to rev the hell out of it as I'm still running it in but if I don't it has fuck-all performance. was going to get a 34mm carb. i'll just hang off until he checks the pv though. whats the best carb manifold for a 34mm Mikuni? In KL on the 7th got a hotel in Bukit Bintang is this a good area?

regards Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Im quite certain this asthmatic problem you have with your newly built engine comes from the carbs or pv and not so much of not bein ran in. I assume that you are still using your stock carb? With a bigger carb, it will definitely make things worse. Have you ported your cylinder block? What kinda of exhaust are you using? Mind posting a pic of it? Any mods that you have done on the engine/ignition system/carburation side (that includes the reed valves, and I KNOW for a fact that a faulty one could be a bastard and create lots of problem). All these if done wrongly could lead to a shitty low-end... btw Chris, when you say low-end, how many rpms are we are lookin at?
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm

up to about 8k.. i'm only going by sound because the Koso still isn't getting the correct input signal ie its getting second harmonnic rpm pulse(that's another story)... but as i said it doesn't clear it's throat until at least nine then it starts to hurtle but it should have been in the power band long before this.. it's a 1855 PDK block so it should have the porting done already...yes he did fit after market reeds.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:49 pm

You told you are gonna get a ZX150..what happend bro??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 pm

nukehunt wrote:up to about 8k.. i'm only going by sound because the Koso still isn't getting the correct input signal ie its getting second harmonnic rpm pulse(that's another story)... but as i said it doesn't clear it's throat until at least nine then it starts to hurtle but it should have been in the power band long before this.. it's a 1855 PDK block so it should have the porting done already...yes he did fit after market reeds.

It splutters until 8krpms? Sounds like you need to rejet your carb Chris... any idea what size you main and pilot jets are? If you are using the stock Keihin carb, it should be somewhere around 145 main and 48 pilot, +/- by around a size or so.

Im using a Koso tachometre too and I had to wrap it around the ignition coil 6 times. Works well for me... Smile
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Does the reading of the KOSO meter accurate???
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

I"ve wrapped it arround the ht lead just before the sparkplug. it reads 14k rpm so it's getting secondary pulses..had to put a 10k ohm resistor in line with it to stop it resetting the whole unit all the time by voltage spikes.. but it still aint right.. no biggie how did you set the fuel tank sender up? it's reading full all the time atm. I'll sort that up last bigger fish to fry..
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

nukehunt wrote:I"ve wrapped it arround the ht lead just before the sparkplug. it reads 14k rpm so it's getting secondary pulses..had to put a 10k ohm resistor in line with it to stop it resetting the whole unit all the time by voltage spikes.. but it still aint right.. no biggie how did you set the fuel tank sender up? it's reading full all the time atm. I'll sort that up last bigger fish to fry..

Guess we have different models...mine is just a very simple one. If my memory doesnt fail me, the model Im using is the RX1NR, which I bought 4 years back. Simple, accurate and lasted me 4 years and still counting. Very Happy Now back to frying your Murray Cod... lol!
    zynox

Post by zynox Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 am

turbonoshayabusa wrote:Chris, get in touch with Zynox. Find him thru the member's list then let us know the out come.

anyone summon my name??? Suspect

keep us updated ur bike chris.... cheers
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

After 6 pages and you magically appear... slut... lol! lol! lol!
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm

appear and go like a chipsmore..
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Empty Triple headache

Post by nukehunt Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:19 am

Ah confusion reigns supreme.....

here is my the triple clamp Rika supplied. together with the triples off my KRR150..
    Chemonk swear they are for a ninja r...which should be the same as a KRR but the spindle(stem) is shorter,, the dude fixing the bike says its from a zx or sepico..
    can anybody clarify this
    https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/802/triple1.jpg/
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

The new triple clams that you got is for the ZX150... but Im not sure whether it's interchangeble with bike Chris...
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 pm

The main thing i'm worried about is I'm getting this from them and they swear it will fit a KRR(Ninja R in Indo)http://www.chemonk-modified.com/product.php?id_product=103
    The Indos are saying this will fit.. but it looks like they don't give a shit once it leaves the country. will this tail fit my KRR without modification..

regards Chris

I'm getting a new Stem machined..more fucking expense.................
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:30 pm

[quote="nukehunt"]The main thing i'm worried about is I'm getting this from them and they swear it will fit a KRR(Ninja R in Indo)[url=http://www.chemonk-modified.com/product.php?id_product=103]http://www.chemonk-modified.com/product.php?id_product=103[/url]
    The Indos are saying this will fit.. but it looks like they don't give a shit once it leaves the country. will this tail fit my KRR without modification..

regards Chris

I'm getting a new Stem machined..more fucking expense.................[/quote]

Hey Chris...how much u bought that clamp for??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

nukehunt wrote:The main thing i'm worried about is I'm getting this from them and they swear it will fit a KRR(Ninja R in Indo)http://www.chemonk-modified.com/product.php?id_product=103

regards Chris

I'm getting a new Stem machined..more fucking expense.................

The tail will fit with bracket modifications...not a direct fit.
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 am

well this is now done with extensive modifications now have new fork springs too .... rear shock needs re-gassing so sending it to YSS in bangkok. https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/513/modtriple.jpg/

yes i know heavy old brass...i'm hoping there wont be a disimilar metal reaction... looks cool tho

Cheers chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm

It looks good....
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:04 am

Its all good...
    zenkage
    zenkage

Post by zenkage Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:35 pm

nice
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am

Complete.. i must say I'm really happy with the new guys work.. new-cheaper shock[img]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Shocko[/img][img[img]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Shockb[/img]
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Damn...the front end looks sweet. So what's your next step?
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 pm

the next step is wait for Ricka to send tail unit get my main man to fit it, see how it looks and then think about front fairing.. do u think a Honda RS125 Race fairing would be too small... The KRR isn't exactly big.

[img]URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/96/rs125racefairing.jpg/]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Rs125racefairing[/URL][/img]
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:50 pm

I've seen KRRs that are fitted with the Honda RS125 fairings, it looks as if the fairings are too BIG for the bike. There just too much space at the sides and from your seating position, you can see a rather large gap down to your radiator cap. It could be the width of how the brackets are made though...
    kipas
    kipas

Post by kipas Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:19 pm

nukehunt wrote:Complete.. i must say I'm really happy with the new guys work.. new-cheaper shock[img]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Shocko[/img][img[img]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 4 Shockb[/img]
    nice triple clamp... cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:24 pm