Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+7
asrolsani
centeng
nekman
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
khor
nukehunt
11 posters

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 2 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by nukehunt Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Well looks promising might even have chemonk stuff there. Tell me guys as you can see I've got he old syle Krr150. all the fairings on ms.Nika's page are for the later model with the tubular frame(In Thailand it called a ZX150rr) i think you might call it a KRZ150???
    Anyway will the newer style fairings fit on my old boxxy framed KRR150?

cheers Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 2 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

nukehunt wrote:Well looks promising might even have chemonk stuff there. Tell me guys as you can see I've got he old syle Krr150. all the fairings on ms.Nika's page are for the later model with the tubular frame(In Thailand it called a ZX150rr) i think you might call it a KRZ150???
    Anyway will the newer style fairings fit on my old boxxy framed KRR150?

cheers Chris

The tubular framed (known to us as the KRR ZX150) fairings sold by Ms. Nika won't a direct fit to your bike (known as the ZSR Cyclone to us) because of totally different brackets. You will need to modify brackets yourself or want you really need is someone to customize those kind of fairings that you want to fit your bike.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Quite a work done by your bike bro,is the single swing arm stil available for sale??
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:49 pm

google nsr150sp proarm for sale
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Thank you for the info bro...quite interesting... What a Face
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 2 Empty Time to buy!!!

Post by nukehunt Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Time to order some tasty shit!!. Ms.Rika has got back to me and said that Chemonk say the fairings are interchangeable between the KRR and the ZX150(Ninja R and RR in Indo). How accurate is this? I don't want to be stuffing arround trying to make stuff fit when I get back to Thailand .

Is there any advantage getting a LEK CDI?

Is the tail section the same, Would I have to modify the frame?

Would that racing radiator fit the KRR?

Those Billet Triple clamps look cool . are the forks on the ZX the same as the KRR?

Is it easy to fit the ZX front fairing bracket to the KRR?

Thanks for you help

Chris

http://www.chemonk-modified.com/category.php?id_category=15
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:36 pm

nukehunt wrote:Time to order some tasty shit!!. Ms.Rika has got back to me and said that Chemonk say the fairings are interchangeable between the KRR and the ZX150(Ninja R and RR in Indo). How accurate is this? I don't want to be stuffing arround trying to make stuff fit when I get back to Thailand .

Is there any advantage getting a LEK CDI?

Is the tail section the same, Would I have to modify the frame?

Would that racing radiator fit the KRR?

Those Billet Triple clamps look cool . are the forks on the ZX the same as the KRR?

Is it easy to fit the ZX front fairing bracket to the KRR?

Thanks for you help

Chris

http://www.chemonk-modified.com/category.php?id_category=15

I really doubt that the ZX fairings will be a direct swap to the KRR unless Chemonk has a certain kind of bracket for the KRR if those fairings are used on one.

Regarding the CDI, I can't think of a reason not to use the original CDI that comes with the KRR because to my knowledge, even most race teams use 'em. Unless you can make your bike spin up till 15 - 16k rpms..... Laughing

The tail section is the same story as the fairings. With the right brackets, it will fit. The angle would be different though... also, the race radiator wont be a direct swap, yes you guessed it again, DIFFERENT brackets.

The triple clamps would most probably fit because the the ZX forks and the KRR forks are the same on the outside, difference only being the internals. But then again, whether would it be a direct fit would be anyone's guess until you really try it out.
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 am

thank you turbo.
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm

So nuke hows the progress coming up?? will look forward to see your bike man... Smile
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

94. Rear front color green lime Rm 190.

98.RACING TRIPLE CLAMP up and down NINJA 150 RR BILLET T6061 color gold rm 950

108. Radiator Racing Ninja 150 RR rm 850

83. Single Seater GP Model (Single Jok) inc Tempat Oil, air & Undertail special for Ninja RR color green lime Rm 950

73. Handle DRAG DURALIUM 250

only buying this at this stage. I'm going to buy the full fairing but i may go to Bangkok and buy another bike..ZX150 this time..

Thinking of putting a bikini fairing on this one maybe ducati 916 carbon none cone
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Bro seriously...Dammmm...How in the world you can afford all this??? affraid
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 pm

I work oil on rigs... big bucks=more toys. Smile

Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:44 pm

No wonder...damm nice to see that..i am struggling even to buy a side cowling..for bike over 6 month man..call center work..hmm what to expect... No
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

This is a pic of the front end my 485cc RS250 I'm getting built in Aus. this is the BPF ZX6r forks with a BST carbon front.

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/37/tss5001.jpg/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/88/zx6rfrontendbst2.jpg/

Last edited by nukehunt on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm

I cant see the link bro...??
    centeng
    centeng

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 2 Empty Nice sharing ;)

Post by centeng Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:46 pm

First of all welcome to Bro Chris... it is really awesome bike! really nice Very Happy

I got notified by Bro mark there (Turbonoshayabusa) to join the session on this nice topic,

Mark: Yo brother.. how are you? hehehe how is the taste of Indonesian Amild ? Razz... hope you fine as always.... I see your Cyclone abandoned at Acheng ? whats the matter? Dont tell me you love more to your FXR then Very Happy sorry for late....really really busy this 4 month Sad

Matthew: Yo Mr,red... how was the r9 Handle Bar and fairing? everything ok there? Very Happy

Chris: Firstly, I am sorry for the poor conversation with all Indonesian people, I think they just dont really get familiar with your mothertongue language.... Very Happy since we only get familiar with Indonesian language there (different from Malaysian people, who are made english as a second language)

But most of the bikers are nice in there, I know and met once Andra 'chemonk' and two or three times went to his modified shop... he is very busy man Razz.. and yes the marketing staff really slow on responses Sad

Please be notice If you want to order for some stuff from chemonk store, You have to wait for the queue...and ussualy it will take another 1-2 months depending on their order queue Razz...

but yes... the details is SUPerb! chemonk product is the number 1 in details... they use good fiber stuff.. really cannot differentiate with ABS based body.

for any other inquires.. especially the engine departement..you can ask Mark for more details.. he is a genius on this super kips machinery.. hehe.....anyway... I hope my explanations will be good enough for you.. sorry for my bad grammar Wink

-reza-

nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 pm

just bought this for my fairing should look rad...

http://www.dhgate.com/hk-tanxianjia-748-916-1998-fairing-kit-fairing/p-ff8080812c53e6a0012c5dd5b6e22900.html
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 pm

A Duke 748/916 fairings on a KRR? That's somethin new... Very Happy
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

It will only be the nose and tail. the expensive bit will be the subframe, headlights, seat etc
    Chinese abs fairings are so cheap.

The Chemonk fairing is $1100 complete. I should be able to build this for under that. I will buy a zx150 and get a Chemonk on Rika's next Indo jouney.

Haven't seen too many 916's arround Phuket. Will be interesting to see if it works.
    Yes I know it will be a lot of fabrication. first thing is to see if i can utilise the krr subframe or chop it and install a Ducati Monopostal Aluminium subframe.
    The 916 is one of my all time favourite bikes. fun fun fun.

Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:27 am

Keep us posted on your bike... Very Happy
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:05 pm

My good what a work...nice job chris..sure your bike will look nice with that cover set..hope to see it become's complete..
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Lets see what happens when Thai customs gets hold of this and the order from Rika, I'm told they are totally corrupt arseholes... Might be paying through the nose to get it into the country. That's if it doesn't "dissapear".

not buying anything else till I see my bits..

Chris
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

And hey Reza its been ages man...wer u at..dint see you for a long time now...
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 pm

nukehunt wrote:Lets see what happens when Thai customs gets hold of this and the order from Rika, I'm told they are totally corrupt arseholes... Might be paying through the nose to get it into the country. That's if it doesn't "dissapear".

not buying anything else till I see my bits..

Chris

You were told correct...
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Why in the world there is Tax?????? Darn it.............

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:53 am