Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+7
asrolsani
centeng
nekman
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
khor
nukehunt
11 posters

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 5 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by nukehunt Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Any sugestions then.. maybe some pics of what has actually worked..

cheers Chris
    kipas
    kipas

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 5 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by kipas Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm

it's USD fork??
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm

no just standard... they'll do for now
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:10 pm

nukehunt wrote:Any sugestions then.. maybe some pics of what has actually worked..

cheers Chris

I don't have the pics of the bike that I saw. But here is one the one that one of our forum member Xenox has : https://kips.forumms.net/t1535-zynox-s-project-kips-gp12590-siap.

Is your somethin similiar or what you had in mind?
    kipas
    kipas

Post by kipas Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    nukehunt wrote:Any sugestions then.. maybe some pics of what has actually worked..

cheers Chris

I don't have the pics of the bike that I saw. But here is one the one that one of our forum member Xenox has : https://kips.forumms.net/t1535-zynox-s-project-kips-gp12590-siap.

Is your somethin similiar or what you had in mind?
    and other link...http://malaysianbikers.com.my/forum/index.php/topic,75413.0.html
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:03 am

Ed my new mechanic has been trying everything to try to find out why i have such a dead spot in the middle of the powerband. he seems to think that the original builder put in a lighter racing crank and this may be the problem. he swapped his crank in and even though it's not perfect it's a lot better than before. Would you need a light weight piston if you have a lightened crank??? its a 1855 block.

cheers Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 am

nukehunt wrote:Ed my new mechanic has been trying everything to try to find out why i have such a dead spot in the middle of the powerband. he seems to think that the original builder put in a lighter racing crank and this may be the problem. he swapped his crank in and even though it's not perfect it's a lot better than before. Would you need a light weight piston if you have a lightened crank??? its a 1855 block.

cheers Chris

What crankshaft was in your motor before the swap? And what cranckshaft was put in that made your bike better? In theory, yes you would need a lighter piston for a lightened crank. It could be because the powervalves help out at the bottom end, and at 6k rpms as the valves start to open, your 'over' lightened crank still doesn't have the inertia to push your 'heavy' stock pistons and it gets better as it gets to the top end as inertia increases. That could be one way of explaining what happened when you had a dead spot in the midrange. Is there any light weight pistons out there for the KRR/ZX? In my experience, the KRR's (Cyclone) cranksahft is lighter compared to the ZX's crankshaft because the ZX's crank has to metal balancers attached to the crank. I swapped my Cyclone's crank for the ZX's and my top speed increased but sacrificed a little bit of acceleration. But I don't know whether there's a weight difference between the Cyclone's piston and the ZX's....
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:03 am

[url=[IMG=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img39/5130/tail.png][/IMG]]tail[/url]

here's the tail. looks ok

I have had a bt of a bad run with ricka..
    she doesn't seem to know how to wrap shit or listen.

so far
    triple clamps were for a zx150 not KRR. they had to be machined..more expense
    the tail has a big scratch which has been covered up but you can see it..
    The tail is green only not the green black/white like i asked for
    The racing radiator was damaged in transit and it is useless now..not wrapped properly
    the front mudguard is green black not the green/black white in the picture.

that's about a 100% strike rate on fuck-ups
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am

seriously mann.. that have added more to your bills..hmmm.. No ...
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Can't get any worse... found the gremlins to your bogging down issue?
    kipas
    kipas

Post by kipas Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 pm

nukehunt wrote:[url=[IMG=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img39/5130/tail.png][/IMG]]tail[/url]

here's the tail. looks ok

I have had a bt of a bad run with ricka..
    she doesn't seem to know how to wrap shit or listen.

so far
    triple clamps were for a zx150 not KRR. they had to be machined..more expense
    the tail has a big scratch which has been covered up but you can see it..
    The tail is green only not the green black/white like i asked for
    The racing radiator was damaged in transit and it is useless now..not wrapped properly
    the front mudguard is green black not the green/black white in the picture.

that's about a 100% strike rate on fuck-ups
    wow...very nice bike...i love it...muah... bounce
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 pm

turbonoshayabusa wrote:Can't get any worse... found the gremlins to your bogging down issue?

we are running a standard crank and it seems a lot more responsive... So i've got a racing crank here.. I'm tempteted o try to build a full bore race engine... know where i can get som lightweight pistons?
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 pm

nukehunt wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:Can't get any worse... found the gremlins to your bogging down issue?

we are running a standard crank and it seems a lot more responsive... So i've got a racing crank here.. I'm tempteted o try to build a full bore race engine... know where i can get som lightweight pistons?

Not that I know of... Aftermarket pistons are usually heavier as we can see from the likes of Wiseco pistons. You could try to find for single ring pistons though. You intend to make it into a full on race motor? It will screw reliability and durability up if you used it on the road often... by the way, it your racing crank a modded crank from the stock one or is it an aftermarket racing crank?
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 pm

no idea Ed the tuna just said it was a racing crank so i assume its aftermarket.
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:55 am

Haven't seen a racing crank before? Gotta a pic?
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:12 pm

cant help myself just bought this
    stay tuned... more Chemonk goodies will be ordered... Laughing

[img]krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 5 NAZrY9[/img]
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Thu May 10, 2012 10:28 pm

HAAAH.. affraid ..if my memory served me right you bought a ZX150 already right what to happened to that bike??..and now 1 more..dammm man you going to have a bike for every occasion then, like turborider..huhu... Razz
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Ah but this is going to be different just bought a 92 KX250 bottom end from the states... this is going to be a handfull...
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 am

And you are trying to squeeze that mofo in? Shocked
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Fri May 11, 2012 10:46 pm

[quote="turbonoshayabusa"]And you are trying to squeeze that mofo in? Shocked [/quote]

Thats the the idea....am i right chris???
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

yes thats the idea... has it been done before? hopefully there's minimal vibration issues... If you've ever ridden a KX250 I can tell you they go very hard. I will have to get it ported so it's more mid range instead of all top end.
    Standard carb is a 38mm PWK... i might go down to a 35mm... there's a lot of work invoved in the prep... Have to buy a new crank and complete barrel ass from the Staes... MX bikes cop a fair caning but there is so much after-market stuff for the KX250... Tyga will do the pipe for me...
    The KRR should have its final paint and be ready... there were issues with the shock(or maybe my lard arse)... to much sag.. the pipe is going ... that was a major part of the lag issue(i get the impression it just wasn't getting enough fuel into it) Ed the Tuna says it's the wromg pipe for the street.. new copy pipe in mild steel is $30 arrives from bangkok in a couple of days..

hehe can't wait.
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Keep us posted on what difference the new pipe makes... Smile And I can't wait to see Project KX... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:16 pm