Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+7
asrolsani
centeng
nekman
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
khor
nukehunt
11 posters

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 3 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by nukehunt Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Matthew wrote: Why in the world there is Tax?????? Darn it.............

because they can
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 3 Empty Re: krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:00 am

nukehunt wrote:
    Matthew wrote: Why in the world there is Tax?????? Darn it.............

because they can

+1000

Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Hahhh affraid ....this is will cause a fortune to bring in the stuff aite
    ???
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:49 pm

no shit... I've tried to contact Rika without success... Can someone tell her not to send it on to Thailand I'll pick it up in KL.. I hate corrupt turds Twisted Evil

Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 pm

But she is in indon..and she dint leave her contact number here bro....
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:20 pm

nukehunt wrote:no shit... I've tried to contact Rika without success... Can someone tell her not to send it on to Thailand I'll pick it up in KL.. I hate corrupt turds Twisted Evil

bro... pls PM her... she's in jakarta now... no maxis coverage...
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm

https://2img.net/h/i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m509/ducatiparts-online/ducatiparts-online%202/DSC05319.jpg

the 916 Monopostal seat arrived today... man that was quick(from Holland)

had to pay 30% tax 0n value of good + shipping??? lol they tax me on the cost of shipping what a joke.

anyway cost abnout US$50 in tax all up. have contacted Rika. I'm coming to KL to pick up my bits, might even ride down.. Who's the number 1 krr guru in KL

cheers Chris

turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 pm

nukehunt wrote:https://2img.net/h/i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m509/ducatiparts-online/ducatiparts-online%202/DSC05319.jpg

the 916 Monopostal seat arrived today... man that was quick(from Holland)

had to pay 30% tax 0n value of good + shipping??? lol they tax me on the cost of shipping what a joke.

anyway cost abnout US$50 in tax all up. have contacted Rika. I'm coming to KL to pick up my bits, might even ride down.. Who's the number 1 krr guru in KL

cheers Chris

Cosmetic or engine wise?
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 pm

i beleive you cant join huuh??...and your bike is still sleeping in the shop??
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Matthew wrote:i beleive you cant join huuh??...and your bike is still sleeping in the shop??

What does that mean?

My bike the KRR is now with a dude in Phuket and he's sorting the front suspension/brakes out(grindind sound), putting a new radiator in and runnung it in. Meanwhile i'm riding my NSR150SP which is due for a motor makeover itself.

The plan is to get an old tatty ninja ZX150 from Bangkok. ride down to KL and get the new fairing and bits i've already ordered put on it and ride back. Rika won't be doing another run until end of FEB so heaps of time to plan.
    I've got a spare RS250 front end in Aus but it maybe over-braked with two discs.
    they are very good forks but would require custom work on the tripple clamps.

cheers Chris
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Oh sory bro..i meant turbo here..hes bike is still in the shop and he have not peak at it lately..so if you come down he will be coming on different bike i guess
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

nukehunt wrote:
    Matthew wrote:i beleive you cant join huuh??...and your bike is still sleeping in the shop??

What does that mean?

My bike the KRR is now with a dude in Phuket and he's sorting the front suspension/brakes out(grindind sound), putting a new radiator in and runnung it in. Meanwhile i'm riding my NSR150SP which is due for a motor makeover itself.

The plan is to get an old tatty ninja ZX150 from Bangkok. ride down to KL and get the new fairing and bits i've already ordered put on it and ride back. Rika won't be doing another run until end of FEB so heaps of time to plan.
    I've got a spare RS250 front end in Aus but it maybe over-braked with two discs.
    they are very good forks but would require custom work on the tripple clamps.

cheers Chris

The word "NSR150SP" will get you hated in these parts Chris..... lol! lol! lol!

P.S : Why dont you try a Cagiva Mito front end? It's lighter and works as well (on the KR at least...)

Last edited by turbonoshayabusa on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:20 am

True that....are you coming with the NSR150Sp???? Suspect
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh come now, I rather like my SP hehe, Turbo your Mito sugestion has got me thinking. Why not import a complete Mito roller minus the motor. Shouldn't be that hard putting a KRR motor in that.I just spoke to a Thai guy that builds those rediculous harly/Jap four customs. uno with the huge ApeHangers. Anyway, he says all he does is stamp the original frame number on his custom steel monstrosity of a creation and Bob's you unccle a registered bike.

So why can't I do it with a Mito frame and A KRR motor??? He said anything is possible in Thailand if you got money.

Can one of you guys scan your wreckers/ classifieds in Malaysia for a Mito Roller minus the motor... cheap is good will pay up to $1200 for a good example.

cheers Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 pm

nukehunt wrote:Oh come now, I rather like my SP hehe, Turbo your Mito sugestion has got me thinking. Why not import a complete Mito roller minus the motor. Shouldn't be that hard putting a KRR motor in that.I just spoke to a Thai guy that builds those rediculous harly/Jap four customs. uno with the huge ApeHangers. Anyway, he says all he does is stamp the original frame number on his custom steel monstrosity of a creation and Bob's you unccle a registered bike.

So why can't I do it with a Mito frame and A KRR motor??? He said anything is possible in Thailand if you got money.

Can one of you guys scan your wreckers/ classifieds in Malaysia for a Mito Roller minus the motor... cheap is good will pay up to $1200 for a good example.

cheers Chris

RM1200? And besides a Mito frame, there are always other alternatives like the Yamaha TZR250 frame which I see a lot of people shoeing different kind of motors in them... Smile Effin light too... Smile Will be on the look out for the Mito frame and will let ya know if I come across one...
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:09 am

Yo nuke!.. did you collect the parts from rika yet?? mine arrived already...
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 am

Matthew wrote:
    Yo nuke!.. did you collect the parts from rika yet?? mine arrived already...

"Nuke"'s nane is Chris btw... lol! lol! lol!
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:27 am

Rika has these waiting for me. The racing radiator and the seat cowl still not ready, she'll pick those up next run.
    I need to do a visa run so I'll be in KL on the 7th so I'll get to meet Rika and Pick my shit up. Are there plenty of cheap hotels arround Sepang Airport? What's worth checking out in a day? where's the best accessory shop for KRR stuff?

- front mudguard color green lime,
    - RACING TRIPLE CLAMP up and down NINJA 150 RR BILLET T6061 color SILVER
    - Handle DRAG DURALIUM

The Mito may have to go on hold unless I can get a cheap EVO frame in Malaysia . I found a guy on UK ebay who wanted 125 British Pounds for a bare frame and swinger but the freight would have been 230 pounds..... way too much... i think the Serpico Route may be better.(and cheaper). The guy fixing my bike has a Serpico R1 which I like a lot.

Cheers Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:14 pm

nukehunt wrote:Rika has these waiting for me. The racing radiator and the seat cowl still not ready, she'll pick those up next run.
    I need to do a visa run so I'll be in KL on the 7th so I'll get to meet Rika and Pick my shit up. Are there plenty of cheap hotels arround Sepang Airport? What's worth checking out in a day? where's the best accessory shop for KRR stuff?

- front mudguard color green lime,
    - RACING TRIPLE CLAMP up and down NINJA 150 RR BILLET T6061 color SILVER
    - Handle DRAG DURALIUM

The Mito may have to go on hold unless I can get a cheap EVO frame in Malaysia . I found a guy on UK ebay who wanted 125 British Pounds for a bare frame and swinger but the freight would have been 230 pounds..... way too much... i think the Serpico Route may be better.(and cheaper). The guy fixing my bike has a Serpico R1 which I like a lot.

Cheers Chris

The KRZ'z frame is on the heavy side... wouldn't you mind that?
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Not going back to work til Febuary so have to watch the $ baby coming next month and the Mrs wants a car $$$$$$$.

Just got back from the shop..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR There are alignment problems with the chain. initialy when I first rode the bike there was a grinding sound, this is the cause of the grinding sound. I was wondering why it had this thin chain with tiny sprockets when it came back from Bangkok. I imediately changed to normal chain and sprockets. With the pro-arm the chain hits the gear select arm, Hits the frame and on looking at it is not even aligned properly. Very poor workmanship... I got ripped off.
    The guys says he can fix it but it will require more machining. this is what you get when you get stuff done remotely.

Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 am

True that..if you are around to watch this guys do their work i bet they would have done their work better..
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

Post by nukehunt Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 am

Any cheap hotels near Sepang Airport? Where are the best accessorie shops for KRR?
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am

Are you flying MAS or AirAsia?? There a cheap hotel near by the LCCT airport..and i'm not sure bout the accessories shop around here very rare to be found..its not the same as Indonesia or Thailand bro..
    nukehunt
    nukehunt

krr150 fairing on project bike.... need help - Page 3 Empty I want to love my KRR but atm it sucks

Post by nukehunt Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Got the KRR back. the guy did a pretty good job cutting the gear selector rod and fitting a bracket so it no longer interferes with the chain.
    he supposedly changed the fork springs ang fork oil but there is about 4cm of sag when I sit on it, this is opposed to the 1cm on the nsr.
    Whats your opinion of the early KRR forks? The ride is choppy and it bottoms out. How do these forks compare to the NSR? I hate to say it but it's chalk and cheese in the handling dept The KRR handles like crap. the rear YSS shock has been wound right up on the spring(maybe 3cm. This is despite telling the guy that made it I wanted a new spring to suit my 95Kg weight.So that and the fact the top of the shock is now canted forward about 7cm can't help things either(if you look at a stock NSR150SP the rear shock is nearly vertical..

The motor is hesitant and doesn't start to really fly until it's screaming, it nearly feels like the choke is on all the time or there is a problem with the power valve.... i'm getting the dude to check the carby and pv. i hope it gets better.

Had a chance to ride a serpico with vfr400rr front and rear suspension now that thing handled great... but the guy wanted 80,000bht.... too much for me atm baby just arrived...bills.

regards Chris
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:34 am

nukehunt wrote:Got the KRR back. the guy did a pretty good job cutting the gear selector rod and fitting a bracket so it no longer interferes with the chain.
    he supposedly changed the fork springs ang fork oil but there is about 4cm of sag when I sit on it, this is opposed to the 1cm on the nsr.
    Whats your opinion of the early KRR forks? The ride is choppy and it bottoms out. How do these forks compare to the NSR? I hate to say it but it's chalk and cheese in the handling dept The KRR handles like crap. the rear YSS shock has been wound right up on the spring(maybe 3cm. This is despite telling the guy that made it I wanted a new spring to suit my 95Kg weight.So that and the fact the top of the shock is now canted forward about 7cm can't help things either(if you look at a stock NSR150SP the rear shock is nearly vertical..

The motor is hesitant and doesn't start to really fly until it's screaming, it nearly feels like the choke is on all the time or there is a problem with the power valve.... i'm getting the dude to check the carby and pv. i hope it gets better.

Had a chance to ride a serpico with vfr400rr front and rear suspension now that thing handled great... but the guy wanted 80,000bht.... too much for me atm baby just arrived...bills.

regards Chris

What we usually do here is to add spacers (10-12mm) in the fork tubes and use a heavier grade oil (SAE30) to harden things up at the front. Don't really know about the YSS shocks because haven't had one before but I heard it was the shit... funny how you mentioned the KRR handles like crap, it should take corners like it's on rails...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:55 am