Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+25
billyvvs
jaypan
xplay85
Maverick
firdzee
zenkage
khor
sab5404c
ryuganz
aWe89
firdausz
alldisc
mahaza88
jayjeffrey
ezra
ranjau_berduri
alep
Jebat_Mka.75
gammafiber
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
kr150c87
Fendi3z
asrolsani
julian
29 posters

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

alep
    alep

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

Post by alep Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:14 am

Why do u think cbr250 is much wiser choice than kips? I love to know bout that, the looks is superb!
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:29 pm

ryuganz wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    jayjeffrey wrote:damm how i wished they used the same 4 cyclinder engine. If they still stick to that... heck ill be riding one now. Too bad... very bold marketing move for honda this time.

It wasn't a bold move from Honda to launch a 250 single. They are just wetting the public's lips for Moto3 in 2012... Smile

eh, moto3 using single cylinder?but the looks like 4 cylinder, producing 40 hp.

Nope, Moto3 uses a 250 single cylinder that revs up to 14,000rpms with clever use of cam timing and engine configuration. The Honda NRS (Next Racing Standard) 250 in it's prototype form was said to have beaten the lap record of the current GP125s in a test track in Japan. Take a look at the vid and tell me what you think... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN02zPVoPB4 Bring on the 4 strokes!
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:35 am

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    ryuganz wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    jayjeffrey wrote:damm how i wished they used the same 4 cyclinder engine. If they still stick to that... heck ill be riding one now. Too bad... very bold marketing move for honda this time.

It wasn't a bold move from Honda to launch a 250 single. They are just wetting the public's lips for Moto3 in 2012... Smile

eh, moto3 using single cylinder?but the looks like 4 cylinder, producing 40 hp.

Nope, Moto3 uses a 250 single cylinder that revs up to 14,000rpms with clever use of cam timing and engine configuration. The Honda NRS (Next Racing Standard) 250 in it's prototype form was said to have beaten the lap record of the current GP125s in a test track in Japan. Take a look at the vid and tell me what you think... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN02zPVoPB4 Bring on the 4 strokes!

HMM it looks dominating..but as a 2 stroke fan il stick with this for now..i will miss this 125cc season on the 2 strokes its gonna be a legend..SIGHHH Crying or Very sad
    khor
    khor

Post by khor Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 am

if for performance wise..sorry, i wouldn't.. a single cylinder 4 stroke to me is like riding a dual purpose or enduro motor.. exhaust tone sucks..!
    the zxr250 4 cylinder, 16 valve giving out 45hp is the best package ( MAINTENANCE COST VERY HIGH ).. in-line twin ( like the current ninja250r is more to sport touring class i would say, not really a hi-performance kinda stuff, rm20k for 31 horses..?? Shocked , but probably would save more on maintenance cost ).

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Kawasaki_ZXR_250_1990.aspx

check it out rs250.. Cool
    http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Aprilia_RS_250_2000.aspx

rs250 - 72hp@11900 rpm Very Happy
    zxr250 - 45hp@16k rpm Laughing
    ninja250r - 31@11000 rpm Embarassed

alep
    alep

Post by alep Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 am

khor wrote:if for performance wise..sorry, i wouldn't.. a single cylinder 4 stroke to me is like riding a dual purpose or enduro motor.. exhaust tone sucks..!
    the zxr250 4 cylinder, 16 valve giving out 45hp is the best package ( MAINTENANCE COST VERY HIGH ).. in-line twin ( like the current ninja250r is more to sport touring class i would say, not really a hi-performance kinda stuff, rm20k for 31 horses..?? Shocked , but probably would save more on maintenance cost ).

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Kawasaki_ZXR_250_1990.aspx

check it out rs250.. Cool
    http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Aprilia_RS_250_2000.aspx

rs250 - 72hp@11900 rpm Very Happy
    zxr250 - 45hp@16k rpm Laughing
    ninja250r - 31@11000 rpm Embarassed

try compare FC and routine maintainance, which is wisest prior to performance n cost
    zenkage
    zenkage

Post by zenkage Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 am

I wont mind using Zx250.....but my pocket do mind....hehe
    firdzee

Post by firdzee Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 am

no need to upgrade the ninja 150 already elegant itself . queen
    alep
    alep

Post by alep Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:12 pm

kips 13k rpm...ha...who's more 'otai'
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:53 pm

But aloot kips user's this days are shifting to ZX250 after using KIPS...what is that can be learned by using this bike, it wont be that agile as the KIPS but why that bike??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Matthew wrote:
    But aloot kips user's this days are shifting to ZX250 after using KIPS...what is that can be learned by using this bike, it wont be that agile as the KIPS but why that bike??

I can whack the Ninja250 from Johor to Penang but I cant do that on a Kips... Twisted Evil
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post by Maverick Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 am

For me, i would get myself a 400cc 4stroke inline 4 at least (myb my 2nd bike, not going to sell my baby ZX).. theres one GSXR400 M'sian reg sold at only RM15K at MBC.. shame i dont have the budget for it.. its old tech, old bike but for a 4stroke, inline4 rules regardless what year its produce..

Still though, i'm quite interested with the ZZR600.. or well known as ZX6-E at Europe, its has a sport touring comfort with a supersport engine on it! ER6N/F yess its new but i choose ZZR600 instead! hehehe..

I have ridden a CBR919 (lend from a friend), yes the power is there at all range of gears and throttle! very powerful for a 90's SBK and its very comfy for a long ride (300km journey for just 1.5hrs is not that long obviously.. haha)

But then again, its still a dream to me, still dont have the money to get one for myself. It would be a forever dream to me, but i must say, the time will come!! hehe Very Happy
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 am

Maverick wrote:inline4 rules regardless what year its produce..

Guess you haven't seen the Ducati 1199 Panigale eh...?
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post by Maverick Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:12 pm

turbonoshayabusa wrote:

A ducati eh?? The Pinagale is no doubt one of a powerful SBK ever created by Ducati (new bike obviously more powerful of course).. they answered for the S1000R and the ZX10R. But im not european fan, if im getting a SBK soon, i just go to Japan.. more cheap if we talk in term of maintenance and parts..

My friend a foreman here at Kuantan, got a 96' Ducati 900SL, the piston cracked and he ordered a new one just one piece, guess how much the cost?? He spend about RM2K just for the piston and the ring only! and its cannot be ordered seperately!.. now thats a 96 model. I donno whats the cost for other and newer Ducati models.. haha so, Made In Japan suit for me laahhh.. as long i can ride in harmony and fast!! hihihi

*sorry for my bad english, not my style talk2 with it! haha
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Maverick wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:

A ducati eh?? The Pinagale is no doubt one of a powerful SBK ever created by Ducati (new bike obviously more powerful of course).. they answered for the S1000R and the ZX10R. But im not european fan, if im getting a SBK soon, i just go to Japan.. more cheap if we talk in term of maintenance and parts..

My friend a foreman here at Kuantan, got a 96' Ducati 900SL, the piston cracked and he ordered a new one just one piece, guess how much the cost?? He spend about RM2K just for the piston and the ring only! and its cannot be ordered seperately!.. now thats a 96 model. I donno whats the cost for other and newer Ducati models.. haha so, Made In Japan suit for me laahhh.. as long i can ride in harmony and fast!! hihihi

*sorry for my bad english, not my style talk2 with it! haha

The 900 SL is an obselete model, hence the price... Smile Why would you want to change a piston on the 1199? Hahahaha! You dont change pistons on a 4 stroker unless its screwed. I use to hate Ducs until the Panigale came out... by reading the spec sheet alone makes my damn keyboard wet... hahahaha! And finally they got rid of their ugly tube frames, that is what made me dislike Ducs in the first place. Now imagine a L-Twin that makes 190-200hp at the wheel with full Termi pipes that weighs less than a 600... bom bom bom bom bom How not to drool... and the bike looks freakin sexy, by far the MOST beautiful bike in the world (IMHO)... lol!

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? - Page 3 Ducati1199Panigale150Edition

Yummy...!
    xplay85

Post by xplay85 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:34 pm

x upgrade ke 250 kot..dulu da rase gune ninja 150..skrg gune sym..pastu da test member2 punye ninja 250 ,er6 & cbr600rr..rase2nye kalo nk upgrade trus amik er6, mmg best, gear6 mcm gear 2 di punye pegi..cbr600rr plak tlalu powerful,asyik rase nk tbabas je, xsyok bwk, seating pun radikal, kalo bwk masuk kl or dkat2 mnangis woo, sakit selurh tubuh bdn...er6 rase mcm bwk lc, tp die punye power best, tp still masih tkawal..mmg sesuai bwk gi dkat2, keje, or touring...
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:50 pm

xplay85 wrote:x upgrade ke 250 kot..dulu da rase gune ninja 150..skrg gune sym..pastu da test member2 punye ninja 250 ,er6 & cbr600rr..rase2nye kalo nk upgrade trus amik er6, mmg best, gear6 mcm gear 2 di punye pegi..cbr600rr plak tlalu powerful,asyik rase nk tbabas je, xsyok bwk, seating pun radikal, kalo bwk masuk kl or dkat2 mnangis woo, sakit selurh tubuh bdn...er6 rase mcm bwk lc, tp die punye power best, tp still masih tkawal..mmg sesuai bwk gi dkat2, keje, or touring...

cyclops albino jocolor
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 pm

dont ever look down on ninja250 or cbr250...in terms of beginning of superbike or supersports..it has the scheme. beginner to ur wallet also. Very Happy
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

kr150c87 wrote:dont ever look down on ninja250 or cbr250...in terms of beginning of superbike or supersports..it has the scheme. beginner to ur wallet also. Very Happy

No one's lookin down on the 250s... those are capable bikes in the right hands, but in Malaysia, it's not friendly at all to the wallet. In fact, the price is bulls@#t.

Ninja 250R = USD 3999
    = RM 24000

CKD my @$$.....
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 pm

What is CKD and CBU stands for in terms of performance??
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:08 am

Matthew wrote: What is CKD and CBU stands for in terms of performance??

CKD : Complete Knock Down (that means knocked the f@#k down into pieces part by part and assembled in our country or a country nearby)
    CBU : Complete Build Up (that means completely built up from scratch part by part in a foreign land before bringin it into our country and charging us bulls@#t @$$ taxes before it gets into our hands).

I see differences in prices between CKD and CBU but to us all it doesn't mean jack s!%t.....still seems pricey to me...

See what I mean bro...? bounce

Eg. The ER6n 2008 CKD model is way different from the 2007 ER6n model in terms of the ECU department. Every CBU model was dynoed at ~62rwhp - 64rwhp but the highest a CKD model got was 62.4rwhp with a Leo Vince slip-on and a PC3 (custom map). Baseline was a sad 56.8rwhp...

Last edited by turbonoshayabusa on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    khor
    khor

Post by khor Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    kr150c87 wrote:dont ever look down on ninja250 or cbr250...in terms of beginning of superbike or supersports..it has the scheme. beginner to ur wallet also. Very Happy

No one's lookin down on the 250s... those are capable bikes in the right hands, but in Malaysia, it's not friendly at all to the wallet. In fact, the price is bulls@#t.

Ninja 250R = USD 3999
    = RM 24000

CKD my @$$.....

usd3999 can buy ThunderAce, Zx9R or Blade 929 lo.... used one la....he..he.. Laughing
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm

khor wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:

Ninja 250R = USD 3999
    = RM 24000

CKD my @$$.....

usd3999 can buy ThunderAce, Zx9R or Blade 929 lo.... used one la....he..he.. Laughing

USD 3999 here gets you an old @$$ ZXR250...
    jaypan
    jaypan

Post by jaypan Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 am

julian wrote:Hi all,
    I would love a bigger bike but can't afford one. But when I see one on the road my saliva would drip like rain. My question is would any of you guys upgrade your KIPS for a 250ninja? If YES, why. If NO, why as well. Hope to get all of your feedback.

If I ever get one, it would be a second hand 2 or 3 year old one What a Face

cheers.

No i guess.Becoz, if 250 i prefer CBR 250....Smile 1 kitchen(direct translate Smile ) only compare to 250 ninja.....
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 am

Speed wise, the Ninja kills the CBR though...
    jaypan
    jaypan

Post by jaypan Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm

turbonoshayabusa wrote:Speed wise, the Ninja kills the CBR though...

Hehehhe...agree with that...ofcoz 2 wins compare to 1...hehehehe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:31 am