Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+25
billyvvs
jaypan
xplay85
Maverick
firdzee
zenkage
khor
sab5404c
ryuganz
aWe89
firdausz
alldisc
mahaza88
jayjeffrey
ezra
ranjau_berduri
alep
Jebat_Mka.75
gammafiber
Matthew
turbonoshayabusa
kr150c87
Fendi3z
asrolsani
julian
29 posters

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

julian

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Empty Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

Post by julian Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi all,
    I would love a bigger bike but can't afford one. But when I see one on the road my saliva would drip like rain. My question is would any of you guys upgrade your KIPS for a 250ninja? If YES, why. If NO, why as well. Hope to get all of your feedback.

If I ever get one, it would be a second hand 2 or 3 year old one What a Face

cheers.
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Empty Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

Post by asrolsani Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 pm

NO.. not 250
    at least er-6...
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

buying is 1 thing...
    maintain is another thing....
    sbk maintenance will cost u bomb Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_eek
    so... if u thing u can't afford to buy sbk.... you won't afford to maintain it...

Last edited by asrolsani on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fendi3z
    Fendi3z

Post by Fendi3z Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Not Recommended! Better upgraded to ER series or higher CC's..
    But, depends on ur budjet la kan. Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Cheers!
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Get yourself a Hayabusa and try not to get killed on it..... Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_lol
    julian

Post by julian Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm

kr150c87 wrote:yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Cheers!

wah looks like you are the only one who who go for the 250 What a Face
    the other guys ask to go for bigger cc . hehehe would love to but no license and I dont wanna put a "P" on my bike.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Looks like I am gonna stick with my KIPS until I strike lottery cheers
    Matthew
    Matthew

Post by Matthew Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

For now my kips giving me a proper riding and maintaning experience ..so when i upgrade to bigger bike my pay should equal to it,...then we shall see
    gammafiber

Post by gammafiber Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 pm

For me only if there is inline 250 coming in, i like the vroom2 ortherwis stick to your cheap to maintain preng2..
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:32 am

julian wrote:
    kr150c87 wrote:yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Cheers!

the other guys ask to go for bigger cc . hehehe would love to but no license and I dont wanna put a "P" on my bike.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Looks like I am gonna stick with my KIPS until I strike lottery cheers
    It is actually depends on you yourself bro...listen to what your heart demand but think wisely...do not regret on the decision that you have made later...Try to satisfy yourself by making the right decision...If you think that you can afford a bigger bike...then go for it...if not...just maintain the bike that you currently rode...Cheers... Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:
    julian wrote:

It is actually depends on you yourself bro...listen to what your heart demand but think wisely...do not regret on the decision that you have made later...Try to satisfy yourself by making the right decision...If you think that you can afford a bigger bike...then go for it...if not...just maintain the bike that you currently rode...Cheers... Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin

My heart is saying BMW S1000RR but my wallet is saying Belang 150...hahahahahahahahahaha!
    alep
    alep

Post by alep Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 am

below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    1. zx 250r 4 inline cylinder ~ 45hp
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    3.250r EFI 2 par cylinder ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

the rank takes attributes of power, affordability, scarcity of sparepart and cost of maintainance
    turbonoshayabusa
    turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 am

alep wrote:below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

the rank takes attributes of power, affordability, scarcity of sparepart and cost of maintainance

You forgot to add in one really important thing....WEIGHT....morover, these are claimed HP from manufacturers, which are 99% of the time, BS...
    alep
    alep

Post by alep Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 am

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    alep wrote:below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

You forgot to add in one really important thing....WEIGHT....morover, these are claimed HP from manufacturers, which are 99% of the time, BS...

U r right, espcially weight-power ratio, thanks..
    ranjau_berduri
    ranjau_berduri

Post by ranjau_berduri Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 am

turbonoshayabusa wrote:

My heart is saying BMW S1000RR but my wallet is saying Belang 150...hahahahahahahahahaha!
    i like belang.... muahahaha... Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol
    julian

Post by julian Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 am

ali_wng wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:

i like belang.... muahahaha... Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol

I guess that's why we all ended up with the KIPS
    - K ena jaga poket cheers
    - I deal for town & highways cheers
    - P owerful in it's class cheers
    - S tylish as well cheers
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm

julian wrote:
    I guess that's why we all ended up with the KIPS
    - K ena jaga poket cheers
    - I deal for town & highways cheers
    - P owerful in it's class cheers
    - S tylish as well cheers
    Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Lol
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:46 pm

I dun agree with stylish..cos KIPS was the first model..People name it Moto Petak .i like petak. Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja? Icon_biggrin Super KIPS KRR ZX150 ,is the stylish model..and lately become more "Panas" nowadays.so be careful..park safe.~!
    ezra
    ezra

Post by ezra Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 am

I'll buy ninja 250 when secondhand price goes 10k. At the moment mostly 16k, can buy 1996 rs250 + 1 year maintenance bounce
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 am

nope... difference are too minor to pay double the price... not practical. Furthermore, parts are expensive too. No doubt, its a good bike, but practical for mostly western countries, in malaysia, bikes like thesed are overtaxed. In aussie, students can easily own any 600-1000cc bikes, in malaysia, its a luxury where only the higher income category can afford one... which is why u don't see kips in western countries.
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 pm

a common phrase says it all,

What You pay is what you Get,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    mahaza88

Post by mahaza88 Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

For me, an upgrade from Kips to 250 ninja is definite no no.
    Kips and say, z250 has about the same 30HP with KIPs weighing far lighter than the 250.
    Thought the 250 might look and feel a bigger bike (more comfort too) , its a matter of time (not very long, I'll bet)when you'll be wishing you had a more powerful
    bike.

Finance permitting, I would get at least an ER6 or 2nd hand Honda CBR600F2 or F3.

jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 pm

yup.... would be gong for er6 as well, since it is the most affordable 650cc class available in msia..
    alep
    alep

Post by alep Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 pm

jayjeffrey wrote:yup.... would be gong for er6 as well, since it is the most affordable 650cc class available in msia..

in my opinion, cbr f4i is my choice, yr 2002 rm43k-45k, fc is very savvy, not really hard to maintain unless u got into accident but roadtax????rm2++ plus insurance rm1500-rm1600, total around rm1800, my choice but still cannot afford it
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 pm

i would not like to talk about what is my favourite bike and choice here since it will be off topic.

possibilties of me upgrading to a 250? yes but only if

1. any 250 in-line four makes a comeback e.g. ZXR250 and the pricing must be attracttive ie below 20K. it can be a CBR250, or a YZF250 but cannot be a twin cylinder. not worth it.

2. its not a 4 inline, then the price should be around 10K. if only blade is cheaper.

otherwise, i will stick to my kips. just like the past 11 years.
    i would not write about any bike that is out of reach. there is no point of daydreaming. I do not foresee as of now that i could afford a 1-litre bike. even if pakatan rakyat takes over the govt from BN. its not going to be easy.
    if i like a bike, i just buy a bike magazine and can look satisfy-satisfy (boleh tengok puas-puas!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:31 am