Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

2 posters

Hello, New Kips owner in NZ

ylr150rr

Hello, New Kips owner in  NZ Empty Hello, New Kips owner in NZ

Post by ylr150rr Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Everyone, I recently bought a KR150F which has a few reliability issues, maybe you guys can help me.
    The bike used to belong to the ocal Motorcycle club and was used for traing young racers, the club changed to FXRs and I ended up with the bike with a few bits burgled, So far I have put a new exhaust (tyga) on and fitted some FXR front brakes, while I was fixing things I put a RG150 back wheel on to get rid of the 18 inch wheel , this will allow me to run slicks which are available in 17" only.

Anyway the problems I have are with the ignition, sometimes it goes , sometimes not, pickup is 122 ohms, there is 12v supply to the cdi but no sparks, are the CDIs reliable? I have checked the kill switch, it seems to turn off the 12v to the cdi. Coil seems ok 0.5 ohm s primary 12k ohms secondary

Is there a circuit diagram on this site, I only speak english so it is difficult to look around

I will post some pictures tomorrow, its not the prettiest bike, its had a hard life. But I like it better than RG150, which gave me some broken ribs in a fast high side,
    ylr150rr

Hello, New Kips owner in  NZ Empty Re: Hello, New Kips owner in NZ

Post by ylr150rr Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Ok I got the bike running tonight, I replaced the CDI with an Ignitech and it seems to go ok for now. I just programmed a fairly safe curve, Does anyone have details of the ignition curve for this engine KR150F ? Thanks
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Yea i got ur back bro. Krish here from dabah borneo. Gime a day or 2 ok.
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Hey bro ignition curve i dnt know. Ill hv to contact kips malaysia workshop n see if they can help. But u hv a nice bike man. Just make sure its got 2t oil in the gas...
    ylr150rr

Post by ylr150rr Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Syxt9s, Thanks for your advice, about the oil, currently still has the oil pump fitted, are you suggesting just run premix only ?

I found some info abourt the ign curve  10 degrees up till 4000 rpm then 20 degrees

Hello, New Kips owner in  NZ <a href=Hello, New Kips owner in  NZ P1000868" />
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Keep the pump, always premix also for safety! Just in case! Get some boyesen power reed valve petals. Retune the carb, get a voltage stabilizer. Use BR9ES plugs! Dont mess with the stock chain n sprocket sizes. Just replace if worn. Replace ur wheel bearings n also ur crankshaft bearings.

Is the bike ur toy? Nice e exhaust' tyga' they make good stuff! Ur model is really popular in Thailand. Checkout YouTube...

Ur model is fast too. Great top end speed! Ive got a 2010 black rr150 with the updated crank with balancer for better high rpm power n a few other things like tube frame n updated body. Other than that preety much the same... if u need parts i got some reliable companys who can ship from here Malaysia. Ive had some good dealings with them...
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 pm

https://m.facebook.com/syark86pma?ref=stream&refid=13
    ylr150rr

Post by ylr150rr Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:02 am

Bike seems to be going good, took it to the track on Sunday and my friend raced it in the development class, he is pretty big guy 105kg and he was mowing down the rg150s with 60 kg riders no problem. just need to get a new disk for the front and it will be finished
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:08 am

Hey buddy,

yah that sunds like a kawasaki kips alright, they are preety bad bikes. btw, iread something about the ignition timing at 32 degrees for high rpm ofcourse with higher octane fuels also. and about porting, the exhaust ports raised up by 1 mm and widened by 1 mm and the transfers ported 1mm in every direction focusing on the outer width and smooth curving inwards along the cylinder. and then skimming the head about 1mm o increase compression, ofcourse you have to adjust your main jet and pilot jet and also go for different reed valve petals,boyesen is a good choice and vforce is more expensive, but ive heard good things about boyesen, about to find out myself, i got some havent installed them in. this friday good friday ill get them in, im on holiday the whole weekend.

http://ynebikers.com.my/780-disc-200-300mm-kr150-yteq.html

http://motor.otomotifnet.com/read/2014/10/09/353159/211/27/Ragam-Paketan-Bore-Up-Kawasaki-Ninja-RR-Bikinan-VS-Langsung-Pasang

bro ur gona need a serious translator for this page, and go poking around, you can find some cool info.

bro can you send me a pic and maybe a price for your cdi ignitech... hows the programing like? simple?

send more pics dude!!!

take care man ride safe!!!

SDRR - WE RYD
    ylr150rr

Post by ylr150rr Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi here is a link for the Ignitech, they are from Europe and really easy to use, their price list is on the website Here is the one I used on the KR http://ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/dccdip2/dccdip2.htm it is more than what I need but i had it for another bike this one works the same http://ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/dccdip/dccdip.htm but has a few less features and can only run single ignition coil. I have one on my FXR and its good. Programming is with computer with serial port. You can set a curve with alot of points if you want I used maybe 5, has rev limiter and shift light seperate settings for shift light , dccdip2 can run 2 coils or pair them toghether for stronger spark also launch control and quickshifter. they are easy to use and about 160 to 180 euros so not super cheap
    of the 20 wires I used 5 on the kr ,

Thanks for the links for the parts, much appreciated

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:15 am