Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit

syxt9s

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit Empty Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit

Post by syxt9s Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:29 am

Dear Kips Riders of the world,

What would be the best setting for an oversized piston of 68mm with racing block? Currently using AHM SPR1 5 welding lines... Chain size 428 with front 15 sprocket and rear sprocket 42. the air filter foam removed. i weigh 102 kg's (gym manager go figure)

Main jet size?
    Pilot Jet size?

However in a month or 2 after ive broken in the new kit it changing my carb to UMA racing 2stroke 30mm...

Thank you all for your expert advise

Sabah Double R Rider(s)

SDRR

syxt9s

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit Empty Re: Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit

Post by syxt9s Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 am

Hey guys,

Ive installed a 68mm ceramic racing block n piston kit by Rextor. R made in thailand. The head of the original block had to be machined to match the 68mm piston and it was skimmed .5mm to increase compreasion. The main jet has been raised to 285 and pilot is at 30 or 32.5 not sure.

The bike has great torque off the line and passes cars easily in 6th gear. It does sound really weird and the bike vibrates alot so don't be shocked! I know the settings on the carb is mild but in a week or so i will be installing the UMA32 mm card n carbon reed valve petal by faito.

Current mods.
    AHM spr1 exhaust
    428 size chain. 15 front n 39 rear sprocket
    Foam removed from filter

Work done in Stunning Bikes Kota Kinabalu Sabah Borneo.
    Tech. Dr. Karim
    syxt9s

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit Empty Re: Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:55 am

Hi guys,
    Latest updates. UMA 30MM carb installed. Few issues wit the throttle cable into the carb. Just remove everything from the end, the stock threads will be to short if attached. Other than that, the main Jet kit i got was too small u will need product #02M01010 125 - 145. Pilot jet was ok, set at 40. So i used the main jet that came wit the carb 124 or 128. The fuel was rich and spitting at high rpm. So no choice but set the needle to richest setting. So i cant rev more than 9.5k or else spits n burst sound. Too rich/hot. Besides that the stock air hose to filter box can be switched backwards and re fitted.but i removed mine completely.

Feeling on mild tune is great already, lacks the punch from torque but revs up n go's preety fast. My tech got it up to 180kmh in 5th gear whilst setting. Nite time. I got 160 easily.
    The bike sounds crazy loud, has a humming noise at idle, n really loud air sucktion sound as soon as u crack the throttle. Its definately gotthe attension of bystanders in downtown Kota Kinabalu yesterday 'Saturday' night...
    I havent got the reed valve petals cause thee dealer is dificult to work with. But my block n carb came from syark86-pma.blogspot.com www.facebook.com/syark86pma. This dude Md. Shakur is straight! Great service great customer service, no prob with my return n change of main jet kit.

U guys got questions. Hit me up!

SDRR
    Sabah Double R Rider
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:02 am

Hi guys,
    Latest updates. UMA 30MM carb installed. Few issues wit the throttle cable into the carb. Just remove everything from the end, the stock threads will be to short if attached. Other than that, the main Jet kit i got was too small u will need product #02M01010 125 - 145. Pilot jet was ok, set at 40. So i used the main jet that came wit the carb 124 or 128. The fuel was rich and spitting at high rpm. So no choice but set the needle to richest setting. So i cant rev more than 9.5k or else spits n burst sound. Too rich/hot. Besides that the stock air hose to filter box can be switched backwards and re fitted.but i removed mine completely.

Feeling on mild tune is great already, lacks the punch from torque but revs up n go's preety fast. My tech got it up to 180kmh in 5th gear whilst setting. Nite time. I got 160 easily.
    The bike sounds crazy loud, has a humming noise at idle, n really loud air sucktion sound as soon as u crack the throttle. Its definately gotthe attension of bystanders in downtown Kota Kinabalu yesterday 'Saturday' night...
    I havent got the reed valve petals cause thee dealer is dificult to work with. But my block n carb came from syark86-pma.blogspot.com www.facebook.com/syark86pma. This dude Md. Shakur is straight! Great service great customer service, no prob with my return n change of main jet kit.

U guys got questions. Hit me up!

SDRR
    Sabah Double R Rider
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:37 am

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit 20150307_192838_zpswaojdkdl
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 am

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit 20150307_192849_zps3ncpudjb
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 am

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit 20150307_192856_zpsxreb9qfc
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 am

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit 20150307_192832_zpsxhej7ula
    syxt9s

Post by syxt9s Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 am

Carb Setting for 68mm Piston & block kit 20150225_114729_zpsf5d21205

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:15 am