Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+4
mambang
alldisc
wadin
lumin
8 posters

Kips Block with RXZ piston

lumin
    lumin

Kips Block with RXZ piston Empty Kips Block with RXZ piston

Post by lumin Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:03 am

Will there be any difference if i use the ZX block with a RXZ piston
    that is the same size as the standard piston for our bike?

Kips Block with RXZ piston Empty Re: Kips Block with RXZ piston

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 am

maybe difference in top or pick up, to be exact, rxz piston mostly use as alternative piston in old kips.
    lumin
    lumin

Post by lumin Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 am

that is the exact problem I'm having... But what i'm confused is, since it's the exact same size, the cubic capacity shouldn't have changed right? Then why is there a difference in performance?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:19 am

some opinion i have is that, RXZ piston have complete different clearence and compression than ZX original piston.
    wadin
    wadin

Post by wadin Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:14 am

Salam
    In the opinion of me, work pistons all the same, but the piston is the quality that distinguishes it .... If able to buy a good quality or the original one ... Very Happy

Testing ayat mat saleh:) okay tak ?Smile aku nak polish english aku...good thread...thk
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:12 am

IMO, a piston from a different engine can suit to another different engine provided they share/match the followings:-
    a) dimension (especially bore)
    b) piston pin size (to suit piston as well as connecting rod (con rod)
    other than that, minor modifications need to be done in order for the piston to fit nicely and run smoothly in the cylinder.
    mambang
    mambang

Post by mambang Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm

i don't think that rxz piston can use at kips block..got different between rxz block and kips block..especially about design.. No

Last edited by mambang hijau on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    lumin
    lumin

Post by lumin Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 am

alldisc wrote:IMO, a piston from a different engine can suit to another different engine provided they share/match the followings:-
    other than that, minor modifications need to be done in order for the piston to fit nicely and run smoothly in the cylinder.

Thanks for your opinion, but i have a few question regarding to your answer.

• The bore is the exact same size as the original block. The only difference being is that the sleeve is made from cast iron but the original block was a uni-block single cast aluminum block. IMO, this shouldn't effect the performance other than heat dissipation issues right?
    • The pin, con rod pin and all other parts match perfectly with the existing original parts of the bike.
    after all this, why is it that the overall performance of the bike has been reduced drastically after the change of parts?
    faiz_krr
    faiz_krr

Post by faiz_krr Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 am

luminescence69 wrote:
    alldisc wrote:IMO, a piston from a different engine can suit to another different engine provided they share/match the followings:-

Thanks for your opinion, but i have a few question regarding to your answer.

• The bore is the exact same size as the original block. The only difference being is that the sleeve is made from cast iron but the original block was a uni-block single cast aluminum block. IMO, this shouldn't effect the performance other than heat dissipation issues right?
    • The pin, con rod pin and all other parts match perfectly with the existing original parts of the bike.
    after all this, why is it that the overall performance of the bike has been reduced drastically after the change of parts?

First thing that you need to consider is that the engine design is the same?..you can see clearly that the intake for fuel air mixture is different. For rxz, the carb is attached to the cylinder block.That why rxz piston has intake hole. While for kips, the carburetor is attached to the crankcase casing.

Second thing that you need to take into account is the piston design itself..Certain piston is design to create certain compression ratio for specific purpose and engine design, so if you easily choose piston from other model and put it into your bike. Even tough it can be fit perfectly, it does not mean the compression ratio is the same..The compression ratio play an important rule to burn the fuel air mixture completely and the the piston head must match the head design in order to create complete combustion and heat transfer effect.

Third, my guess in on the material itself. As you can see the engine is design to run on different cooling system, therefore it use different material in order to dissipate heat.

Then, that why there is a certain effect on performance when you use different piston from other model. That only my opinion..

Thank You

Faiz_krr
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm

i believe faiz_krr has answered most of your Qs, lumin... and to summarised it all:-
    1. different cooling system and hence different material use for engine block
    2. compression ratio rate
    3. design of air-fuel mixture flow from carb through to combustion chamber.
    mahaza88

Post by mahaza88 Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Apart from difference in compressin ratio (perhaps due to piston lenght) , difference in weight could contribute too...
    nekman
    nekman

Post by nekman Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:41 pm

While in the topic of alternative piston for our Kips,
    Anyone use this piston for your KR? please give some review...

Kips Block with RXZ piston 8366144289
    Price RM75, from Mudah...
    http://www.mudah.my/Vespa+Piston+KR150+kawa-6433250.htm
    TOP Brand.
    Made In Japan
    Saiz 1.00/1.50/2.00
    dreamers_vault
    dreamers_vault

Post by dreamers_vault Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 am

in my understanding...rxz piston size is 58mm while kr piston is 66mm.. with that size we can see clearly that rxz piston may can be fitted in but will need a suitable piston ring to match it..

n im very sure that if we use rxz piston on our kr..the performance will drop drastically due to smaller diameter..

unless we can get a bigger diameter piston n better if we can a cubic shape...that will increase the compression ratio n will surely can get a better performance..

while kancil is about the size of our kr size...68~69 cant remember well..but never try kawah shape piston..it will lower the compression...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am