Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
kurt2812
helmynyte89
TaFe
alep
dreamers_vault
alldisc
asrolsani
r0cket_terbang
mambang
Jebat_Mka.75
julian
kr150c87
duke
carlnain
jayjeffrey
19 posters

My Ride (title changed :P)

jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Empty Re: My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by jayjeffrey Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:39 am

i don't think its in anyway against the rules...

Furthermore, if its done cleanly, it looks very much like stock. I doubt the police will notice it, unless one of the guys uses the same bike as us lol.
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 am

jayjeffrey wrote:i don't think its in anyway against the rules...

Furthermore, if its done cleanly, it looks very much like stock. I doubt the police will notice it, unless one of the guys uses the same bike as us lol.
    Bro...I'm going to collect the Kawasaki sticker from Aja next week...you got order 1 set rite ?
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:02 am

a little free just now with nothing much to do... so hand itchy and mess with my bike lol.
    Below is what i did...

- redo the signal wiring(was badly done previously by the workshop fella, cincai balut wires and messy job...)
    - swap the front signal with the back one... i think the LED signal suits the rear better.
    - remember that i had a crash during the first few days getting my bike and temporarily sprayed it back? i re-do the whole left fairing, properly sanded it off and repainted it completely.
    - painted my rear lamp and creating highlight lines... its not really visible now, but if our next TT is at night, you will see... hehe.... simple and cheap mod with great effect.
    - refilled 2T with quicksilver that i bought from bro hakim the other day. (thanks bro, sorry for the trouble at 3am midnight = =)
    - sawed off my rear seat a little and re-adjusted the fitting, it fits much much better now without the ugly looking gap. (thx bro mambang for the tip)
    - cleaned the chains completely and relube it.
    - cleaned the exhaust off minor rust and WD40-ed both brake discs.
    - MAJOR cleaning of the entire bike, my helmet paddings/visor and painjob touchups and brushed my gloved inside out.

Phew.,.. tiring day today, but the result... satisfying !!
    while resting at my couch i saw an irresistible angle for a good photoshot...

Here goes... My Ride, My Pride, My Black Beauty.

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 IMAG0094
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 am

jayjeffrey wrote:a little free just now with nothing much to do... so hand itchy and mess with my bike lol.
    Below is what i did...

- redo the signal wiring(was badly done previously by the workshop fella, cincai balut wires and messy job...)
    - swap the front signal with the back one... i think the LED signal suits the rear better.
    - remember that i had a crash during the first few days getting my bike and temporarily sprayed it back? i re-do the whole left fairing, properly sanded it off and repainted it completely.
    - painted my rear lamp and creating highlight lines... its not really visible now, but if our next TT is at night, you will see... hehe.... simple and cheap mod with great effect.
    - refilled 2T with quicksilver that i bought from bro hakim the other day. (thanks bro, sorry for the trouble at 3am midnight = =)
    - sawed off my rear seat a little and re-adjusted the fitting, it fits much much better now without the ugly looking gap. (thx bro mambang for the tip)
    - cleaned the chains completely and relube it.
    - cleaned the exhaust off minor rust and WD40-ed both brake discs.
    - MAJOR cleaning of the entire bike, my helmet paddings/visor and painjob touchups and brushed my gloved inside out.

Phew.,.. tiring day today, but the result... satisfying !!
    while resting at my couch i saw an irresistible angle for a good photoshot...

Here goes... My Ride, My Pride, My Black Beauty.

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 IMAG0094
    You're really are a guy with a very itchy hand of course...nice job with your bike bro...hehehe...can do for me ah ??? My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_smile My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_lol
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:50 am

again another major mod today on the tails... a little too tired and sleepy to upload now, show u guys tmr. Looks really awesome now... simple mod with minimal $$$ spent.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am

here goes !!!

completely chopped off the entire mudguard including the signal lamp screw part. Left only a small portion and made a hole so that i can fit the LED signal lamp. Saw the KAWASAKI plate holder at an accessory shop... so just grabbed it, it looks pretty nice.. also, sprayed a little flat black paint on the middle part connecting the 2 side covers to match the tail light.

Sanded off the tail lamp so that it doesnt look too reflective...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 IMAG0097

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 IMAG0096

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 IMAG0099

ahh... my home lighting really kills my photography = =
    TaFe

Post by TaFe Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 pm

nice bike u got there...

mind sharing, which part of ur back seat that u sawed off??

my bike got a gap that is really ugly n it just spoiled the look of the bike...
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 am

well, u have to ask bro mambang hijau for the tips haha. promised him that ill not disclose it hehe. sry bro,
    TaFe

Post by TaFe Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

aisehman....

bro mambang, can we share...???hehe..
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 am

got into an accident last night.

Havent even had the chance to snap a pic of my footrest... already crooked. Below are the damages my bike suffered...

- Front Fairing/Cowling broke
    - Stay/Front Bracket dented
    - Axle
    - Left Signal broke
    - New footrest dented

I myself is safe, thank god bro jebat brought me to a shop that i grabbed a riding jacket that was on sale, otherwise, my arms and elbows are as good as his LOL.

Too depressed to snap any pics right now... sighs...
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:44 am

aiseyman... again? get well soon to you and your kips... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_cry
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 am

jayjeffrey wrote:got into an accident last night.

Havent even had the chance to snap a pic of my footrest... already crooked. Below are the damages my bike suffered...

- Front Fairing/Cowling broke
    - Stay/Front Bracket dented
    - Axle
    - Left Signal broke
    - New footrest dented

I myself is safe, thank god bro jebat brought me to a shop that i grabbed a riding jacket that was on sale, otherwise, my arms and elbows are as good as his LOL.

Too depressed to snap any pics right now... sighs...
    Yeah right...lucky you from the unlucky me... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_sad My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_sad My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_sad
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

the first time was my own carelesness... second time was an innocent, and the driver couldn't afford to pay for my repairs too, had to fork out my own money sigh...
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm

My advise, make sure wear reflective jacket,and helmets,
    since ur bike is black,put some reflective stickers.

And when u passby rev to high rpm's ..so that ur bike screams,ppl noe ure there.This applies more easier to PDK pipe,or arrows pipe. racing pipes will make those vehicles give way.if they dont kick their car or side mirros.would help.dont Honk.or horn.it will make situation worst.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:03 am

i seriously doubt he couldnt see me. Despite being black, my headlamps and tail lamps are on. Furthermore, my jacket has reflective badge and my tank bag brand badge is reflective as well.... Also, stock exhaust is even louder than PDK/AHM exhaust lol.
    helmynyte89
    helmynyte89

Post by helmynyte89 Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:17 am

waa..nice bike bro...and your plate no look so nice... always use more protector when u ride...last month i also got an excident between fu#@ing alphard....at that time i just wear helmet as my protector..thanks god im still alive...(celin dion-im alive)kekeke....
    anyway get well soon bro and safe ride....
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 pm

thanks bro,

yeah you're right, always wear proper protection and ignore ppl that laughs at you. Thank god i was wearing my jacket during the accident....
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:31 am

Wokay....

Its been a hell of a long annual leave clearance for me as im resigning from my company. Hell alot of free time and my hands was super itchy. Bike is back in action from previous accident... back a little twist Razz

Note that everything done here is DIY-ed, please do not hesitate to throw me question if i can help and do give feedbacks be it good or bad.

Here is my matt/gloss themed colour...

Actual purpose in these, are to cover scratches and marks made by my recent accidents and the incident where i peeled off the tank sticker leaving a huge mark on it.... So, these are the parts that are "matt"-fied.

Here are the matt black fairings...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 FairingMatt

Here are my paintjob on the tank...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 TankMatt

Here on the tails...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 MattRear

And a simple checkered themed rear seat cover...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 MattCheckered

Finally got my stickers !!! sticking time !!!
    but... i can't make up my mind on where to stick them... so....

One here....

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Kippers

Cut it off and arranged it here... ( done by the lovely lady in fullface in my avatar )

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Kawakips

Also... a little cute pop-up shape design here...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 MiniBike

Also... went to bikers the other day to get a replacement signal lamp for my broken one... then came across an LED strip on sale... and the white was the LAST UNIT. Super cheap, only RM15 for it... and this is what happened to them... Also, i modded an on/off switch on in inner (vents) side fairings.

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Night

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Night2

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Headlamp

And the final look on my bike !!

With Lights Off...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 LightsOff

And with Lights On !!

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 LightsOn

Oh... and i repainted my exhaust with High Temp Paints too... forgot to snap a pic of it... but im sure u guys know what it looks like since my exhaust is still stock...

Last but not the least, 2 cute lady bugs ended up on my dash... and i am not allowed to remove it... -_-" (also the job of the lovely lady on my avatar)...

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 LadyBug
    kurt2812
    kurt2812

Post by kurt2812 Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:44 am

nice!! where u put led switch?
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 am

just a simple switch bro, at the side of the tank.... the place where there is a screw to remove the air vents... the one with lots of holes one..
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Bro bro bro....Super itchy hands with supercalafragilistic results...very super nice looking bike u got there...hehehe... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Suspect My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Suspect My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Suspect ...Hmmmmmmm...I wonderrr ??? My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_scratch My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_scratch My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 4 Icon_scratch
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 pm

what are you wonder? hehe.... naughty thoughts again eh? yes you are right... i am NOT done... wahahaha. Aesthetic part near completion, on the next queue, performance mods hehe... how bro? wednesday confirm?
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

hey.. i follow.. wait 4 me...
    bro jebat, can i park my car at your house?
    ryuganz
    ryuganz

Post by ryuganz Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:11 pm

pergh bukak lampu dh macam bmw bike dh Razz
    cantik bro
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:25 pm

hey bro, im new to this bike too!!! too many questions to ask..... this bike seeks so much attention but i dont know what to do with these "attentions", =(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:21 pm