Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
kurt2812
helmynyte89
TaFe
alep
dreamers_vault
alldisc
asrolsani
r0cket_terbang
mambang
Jebat_Mka.75
julian
kr150c87
duke
carlnain
jayjeffrey
19 posters

My Ride (title changed :P)

Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Empty Re: My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 am

In that case...have to bring you another shop in ss2 then..but this 1 close at 6...sigh..
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 3:33 am

Or we can have a nice tts tomorrow evening...what say u ?
    mambang
    mambang

Post by mambang Mon May 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Jebat...are u free 2 nite...come to join us at kedai mamak berkembar presing 9..around 10pm..
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 am

wa.. miss another TT lol. Putrajaya is near to my location as well, call me out if there's a session =D

btw, Thx for jebat for today. Finally settled with a helmet. But you're really gonna ketuk ur head if u hear this... i resprayed the helmet = = matt black + clear iridium looks AWESOME lol.

ANyways, nice meeting you today, and thx for the company.
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:52 am

hi jayjeffrey,
    i also just bought zx150 abt 1 week ago same like u...... and i also new to riding bike... except last time riding kapcai a few moment the gave it to my brother to go to school...
    my bike still 'dara'... never done anything to it except put in petrol.... still running in speed...80kmh....always tapau by kapcai... and feel angry and like to smoke them... but, later la... sayang the engine...
    i'm thinking of changing the tyre... but not so soon...
    helmet... got standard free one... no jacket, no glove, no boot... now riding pakai selipar.. ehhehe...
    got to save to buy those stuff for safety... safety first...
    anyway... i like to join the tts too.... will join
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:55 am

Hi asrolsani,

Good to see another with similar situation as mine, you came to the right place, there are alot of kips old timer here that is more than willing to give you advise and guidance as they did for me.

Safety as top priority bro, slippers are not a good idea = =

I don't know if its me being rough or not... but since riding my kips, my leather shoes is starting to show signs of wear and tears on the left foot lol.

Anyways, i think its safe to go up to 120kmh... well, at least thats the speed im cruising at regularly, most sources from the net and including the zx150 manual, it is safe to run in up to 7k RPM. at 6th gear @ 7k RPM you get 120kmh... well, at least in my case it is.

Bro jebat,

Remember the helm the other day?

from this

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Bikerzmagazine3pk1

to this....

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Imag0065w.th

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Imag0063e.th

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lighting condition for the photo shot was bad...

I thought it would be bad to go black for everything, so... took a little twist, and made it MATT black. Anyways, im not done with this yet, the paint was only 5 layers, have to make do with this as i have insufficient time, all was done in less than 3 hours. Next, will do some detailing work and a clear non-glossy clear coat. Also thinking to design some simple reflective stickers for the back... all black is dangerous in the dark lol.

It turned out MUCH better than what i had hope for, MATT black + Clear Iridium visors = awesomeness.

Anyways, my bike is doing near 700km already, can't wait to get my first service =D=D
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:46 pm

dude ur bike can go up to 195kmh.speed it.be4 it jammed up.later after warranty..no more replacement for defect. as u noe the spare parts are really expensive.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 pm

alamak bro, still running in la...

I'm not sure about bikes, but back when i just transplanted my car engine, i learnt my lesson the hard way. Same, reason, tak sabar wanna rembat. First overhaul need to bore up my engine block and replace my pistons, why is why i ended up using oversized forged pistons, not only because its durable and withstand high boost... but terpaksa = =

From what i know, first 1000km is the utmost importance in most engines, mistreat it during that time, you will end up with an impaired engine for the rest of its life. Its not about the warranty... usually, for warranty claims, unless it is too severe,they won't replace it for you. Also... over-revved during break in period is user fault, not eligible for warranty/factory defect claims....

Just my 2 cents, correct me if im wrong...
    julian

Post by julian Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 pm

jayjeffrey wrote:alamak bro, still running in la...

I'm not sure about bikes, but back when i just transplanted my car engine, i learnt my lesson the hard way. Same, reason, tak sabar wanna rembat. First overhaul need to bore up my engine block and replace my pistons, why is why i ended up using oversized forged pistons, not only because its durable and withstand high boost... but terpaksa = =

From what i know, first 1000km is the utmost importance in most engines, mistreat it during that time, you will end up with an impaired engine for the rest of its life. Its not about the warranty... usually, for warranty claims, unless it is too severe,they won't replace it for you. Also... over-revved during break in period is user fault, not eligible for warranty/factory defect claims....

Just my 2 cents, correct me if im wrong...

I think you can run the bike a bit hard but not prolonged periods of high revs. Vary your RPM high low high low. Sticking to the manual's 80kmh may kill you of boredom Sleep . From your previous thread I think you oredi hit 150
    Shocked Anyway that's how I ran my bike during the break in period. I also was surprised you managed to crack your helmet affraid Ride safe man.

cheers
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 am

yea bro, once awhile la, like what jebat said too, you need to be rough at times to make our horse more obedient... but seriously, what im doing currently, is gradually increasing my regular revs. currently im shifting at 8k rpm, today running 850km already. Not long to my first virgin service =D

Btw bros, is there anything i should look out for during the first service?

anyways... i found the problem, my rear tyres are too huge. Its going off for sale now if anyone is interested... changing to 120 or 110, 130 is a little too huge and impairs my cornerings...

Yup cracked my ol helmet... fortunately, i only ended up with minor scratches. Hate sands = =
    julian

Post by julian Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:29 am

jayjeffrey wrote:yea bro, once awhile la, like what jebat said too, you need to be rough at times to make our horse more obedient... but seriously, what im doing currently, is gradually increasing my regular revs. currently im shifting at 8k rpm, today running 850km already. Not long to my first virgin service =D

Btw bros, is there anything i should look out for during the first service?

anyways... i found the problem, my rear tyres are too huge. Its going off for sale now if anyone is interested... changing to 120 or 110, 130 is a little too huge and impairs my cornerings...

Yup cracked my ol helmet... fortunately, i only ended up with minor scratches. Hate sands = =

First service? Nothing much... just an oil change. I did mine at 500km. I feel the earlier the better. I thot of changing my next set of tyre to a 120. I have seen one guy using 130 at Ah Cheng's shop. Looks cool. By the way how does a big tyre impair your cornering?

cheers
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:23 am

ahh.. sorry guys, been really really busy the past 3 days, thus being unable to reply here.

for the cornering effect, it is extremely tough to manoeuvre through the motor lane. Simply because, with tyre that size, you have to lean much more than you actually have to... being bullied kao kao by kapchais in motor lane = =

For the cosmetic effect, of course.... its awesome... definately standout among other bikes of the same class.

Anyways, 1st service done, changed oil, cleaned sparkplugs, replaced 2T with Sykolene full synthetic, hardened my fork suspensin and monoshock, and slightly tightened my front brakes, all changes customary settings to my riding style has been done.. My first experience whacking the bike. Just one word, ecstasy.

Im the kind of person being used to 200-260km/h... in a car...

but when its open air, its totally a different experience, in many positive ways.
    I get to learn many things that i had never encountered/thought of during speeding in a car.

yesterday, i finished my work at 3.00am. i did 200km/h on LDP, started accelerating after the corner to the puchong perdana -> sri kembangan toll. I am a big sized person, my initial thought was, i am satisfied to have the bike hit 180km/h but... going 200... was ecstasy.

The entire process was funny, the road was a little darker than usual due to serveral lamp post blacked out before the intersection. So i flipped up my visor, i wide opened my throttle as i exit the corner on second gear, doing perfect clutching at 11.5k-12k RPM each shifts, the amount of G was really much more than i expected...

as soon as i reached 180km/h... POP !!!, my visor closed itself lol. Scare the crap out of me, was stunned for a moment, then made sure everything is okay, shift down and start accelerating again, got too excited about the speed and forgotten about the wind blowing at me, fortunately i wear specs haha. By that time, i was passing by the Shell on my right hand side. As i was fast approaching the intersection to my home at putra perdana, i was going 190 at that time, i was reluctant to release the throttle at that time, so i just went past it and proceeded right through it, and i hit 200km/h past bikerz puchong and proceeded through the toll and made a u turn at sri kembangan, over there, it was a downhill ride... i wasn't very confident about it thus i didn't speed off the downhill run through the "Big Bike Shop".

The feeling was totally different from driving a car, i never knew the amount of wind i was going against. At this speed, it is not only the natural wind that is going against you, but the turbulence and other contributor as well, a slight miscalculation and prove to be fatal, and with a bike, you can really "feel" the road, unlike a heavily modded car suspensions/camber/damper/tyres/chasis mods etc, you "feel" your tyres, not the road anymore and you concentrate more on putting power to your drivetrains while maintaining optimal grip instead of manoeuvring through the corner. I never had this much fun along the highway before in my life.

I am glad i bought the kawasaki zx150, and today, i finally let go off all my "what ifs" if i bought a different bike. I am convinced that this is the best starter/learner bike for me, and i am getting attuned to my bike each passing day and is being able to perform more aggresive braking/cornering and acceleration.

A little sad though i missed the TTS session this time, i was working on the particular day... sigh...
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 am

jayjeffrey wrote:
    yesterday, i finished my work at 3.00am. i did 200km/h on LDP, started accelerating after the corner to the puchong perdana -> sri kembangan toll. I am a big sized person, my initial thought was, i am satisfied to have the bike hit 180km/h but... going 200... was ecstasy.

The feeling was totally different from driving a car, i never knew the amount of wind i was going against. At this speed, it is not only the natural wind that is going against you, but the turbulence and other contributor as well, a slight miscalculation and prove to be fatal, and with a bike, you can really "feel" the road, unlike a heavily modded car suspensions/camber/damper/tyres/chasis mods etc, you "feel" your tyres, not the road anymore and you concentrate more on putting power to your drivetrains while maintaining optimal grip instead of manoeuvring through the corner. I never had this much fun along the highway before in my life.

I am glad i bought the kawasaki zx150, and today, i finally let go off all my "what ifs" if i bought a different bike. I am convinced that this is the best starter/learner bike for me, and i am getting attuned to my bike each passing day and is being able to perform more aggresive braking/cornering and acceleration.

A little sad though i missed the TTS session this time, i was working on the particular day... sigh...

hi jay. 200kph? that fast. although in actual its only about 180kph in a say, proton gen2. and about 175kmh by GPS reading. 200kph on superkips is not actually very fast. heh heh...
    riding a bike involves a lot more skills rather than its ability. and thats where the fun factor comes in compare to driving a car - even a turbocharged one. there are limitations or course, and they may vary between experience, courage and some stupidity, perhaps. i am glad that u get to understand your bike and enjoying the fun of riding.

i welcome u of being a biker but really, there are more to see. especially how car drivers treat bikers - sudden turn without signal, often nearly hit us due to blind spots which they dont bother to check, overtaking when we are clearly in their oncoming path... bla bla bla...

the best thing about ZX is it has enough puke to pull away from the crowd (including many N/A 2.0 cars) and of course many bikes below 250cc. It doesnt cost a bomb to buy or make a hole in your wallet to maintain. road tax is free. its the best of 2 worlds. make sure, u have rain coat though...

kippers are organising a ride to south of peninsular this weekend. it begins this friday from putrajaya through seremban, melaka and JB. on saturday the convoy continues riding until kuantan.

some of us will be riding to kuantan from KL on saturday. feel free to be one of the riders. you can contact carlnain or wadin for more info.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 am

yes exactly, as the matter in fact, 90% of mainsteam/commercial cars/bikes speedo are purposely manufactured this way. It is not the speedo fault, but it was factory made this way. Thus this is exactly why 3rd party speedo are pretty expensive.

I timed my lap with my GPS too, GPS has it downside in accuracy as well,

- If you drive a straight line, its accurate, slight curve or bend can impair its speed readings.
    - Depending on your GPS capability, if its 8-16 channel GPS module, you have to maintain the top speed for at least 5-10 seconds to get an accurate reading due to the GPS slow refresh rate and Plus minus factor.

So far, i can say that our speedo reading is off approx 5KM <80kmh 10km <140kmh and 15km >140kmh after adjustment and correction from my lap rounds via GPS. So, the correct speed for zx150 (in my case), 200kmh on speedo = 187kmh actual speed. Considering the price for the bike and my weight... i would say that is pretty impressive... furthermore, not much effort is needed for it to reach that speed... of course, i have to bend down...

You are right in driving a bike = skill... though there is always an arguement with cars too. Everyone can drive any amount of horsepower (car). However, it takes alot of skills handling it as well... both are fun, but personally, maybe im bored of cars, bikes are more fun to me now haha. It take ALOT of guts to really push the bike down at curves @ 180kmh. Its been a long long time since i had the excitement.

But yeah, car drivers are really a pain in the ass for us bikers, just today, my engine died off because i was smoking with my left hand, the LADY DRIVER took a left turn into the junction last minute without warning, i had to do emergency brake and while holding my ciggy i didnt pull my clutch it = mati engine LOL. Damm funny haha.

I agree on the part pulling away from traffic effortlessly. My friends advise me to go slow and be safe as i am new to biking and may not have enough experience, however, i feel that (esp during traffic lights), its better to do a rabbit start and pull away from the crowd to avoid the hectic traffic of cars and motors blocking you here n there.

As for the rain... i was drenched TWICE for last week. Rain these days... sigh... thank god i changed to michelins, these rubbers holds really well on wet road.

At the moment, my meter reads 1,800km. Im replacing my exhaust when it hits 3000 for my next service.

BTW guys, what are the pro and cons of PDK, AHM and other exhaust? so far, as far as my research goes, AHM and PDK are the most highly voted exhaust for the ZX150... what are the pro and cons between these 2? lets say i fix a budget at RM700 for the entire exhaust set, are there other choices for the exhaust beside these 2?
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 am

btw, these are some pics of my bike currently. Caught in heavy rain yesterday so its pretty dirty... new bike looks so old lols.

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Imag0084t

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Imag0087a

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 Imag0082

Currently, only minor mods. Side mirror replaced, chopped off the rear mudguard, changed the grips as the ori grips hurts and "ammended" the seats a little to make the tank look slightly bigger...
    dreamers_vault
    dreamers_vault

Post by dreamers_vault Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

err jay..issit me or everyone else cant see any pic in it?
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 pm

dreamers_vault wrote:err jay..issit me or everyone else cant see any pic in it?

i see white....yeah... no picture there
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:32 am

alamak.. sorry sorry, fixed already. Something wrong with imageshack haha....

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 IMAG0082

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 IMAG0084

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 3 IMAG0087
    alep
    alep

Post by alep Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:07 am

NICE bike! for me, it would be much safer if you put back the pillion holder, your back seat will be easily being jacked by thief, or u may replace ur seat with single seat
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 am

i had a rear seat cover just 2 days ago. Then lost it the same day, the mounting was loose.... didn't even know where i dropped it = =

The next thing i know after getting off my bike was my rear is already empty haha...
    julian

Post by julian Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 am

jayjeffrey wrote:btw, these are some pics of my bike currently. Caught in heavy rain yesterday so its pretty dirty... new bike looks so old lols.

Currently, only minor mods. Side mirror replaced, chopped off the rear mudguard, changed the grips as the ori grips hurts and "ammended" the seats a little to make the tank look slightly bigger...

does your new mirrors stick out more sideways than the old ones? Coz with the stock mirrors I cannot see directly behind me. I hate tailgaters so I wanna see them way before they sniff my ass affraid

how much do the mirrors cost? and your chopped rear was it sawed off or did you go to endau bikers to change it?
    dreamers_vault
    dreamers_vault

Post by dreamers_vault Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 am

er...im kinda noob here..which area did u chop off actually? (feel so numb now...)
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 am

bro, that was EXACTLY the reason i changed the mirrors, yes i can see right behind me now. I was charged RM40 for the mirrors. However, for our bike, you have to be prepared to make alittle drilling(just a little hole enlargement on your screws actually).

As for the mudguard, i got it done near a bike shop around my hse(putra perdana). I was a little lazy due to lack of tools and didnt wanna risk a edgy job doing it myself... better off getting it done by people who have proper tool and is able to do a clean cut. I can lead you there if you want. Endau Biker is an awesome place, great price, good mods and even better service, bro RIa there is really friendly. The only problem is, they are having shortage of staff, thus unable to help in job that requires time. He's got a LONG LONG queue of bikes behind his garage waiting for him to get them done.
    julian

Post by julian Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

jayjeffrey wrote:bro, that was EXACTLY the reason i changed the mirrors, yes i can see right behind me now. I was charged RM40 for the mirrors. However, for our bike, you have to be prepared to make alittle drilling(just a little hole enlargement on your screws actually).

As for the mudguard, i got it done near a bike shop around my hse(putra perdana). I was a little lazy due to lack of tools and didnt wanna risk a edgy job doing it myself... better off getting it done by people who have proper tool and is able to do a clean cut. I can lead you there if you want. Endau Biker is an awesome place, great price, good mods and even better service, bro RIa there is really friendly. The only problem is, they are having shortage of staff, thus unable to help in job that requires time. He's got a LONG LONG queue of bikes behind his garage waiting for him to get them done.

do you have a front view of your bike? I wanna see the mirrors from the front Very Happy
    By the way how did you get rid of the stripes on the fuel tank? I thot those stickers cannot be removed. Those stripes really spoil the look.

cheers
    r0cket_terbang
    r0cket_terbang

Post by r0cket_terbang Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:08 pm

0owh,
    styLo dudE wheN u cuT ur mudguarD,
    witH all the sticKer 'g0ne',
    ur bikE look mucH cooL....

erm.... 1 thinG i waNna ask,
    if i cuT my mudguard, is iT ok?
    i meaN here if there Is a policE roadblocK.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:25 pm