Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
kurt2812
helmynyte89
TaFe
alep
dreamers_vault
alldisc
asrolsani
r0cket_terbang
mambang
Jebat_Mka.75
julian
kr150c87
duke
carlnain
jayjeffrey
19 posters

My Ride (title changed :P)

mambang
    mambang

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by mambang Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 am

Jayjeffry...we sometimes TTS at SS13 (pakdin tomyam) Carl9 mother's warung but not the offisial TTS just for relax n meet each others..Normally before we make offisial tts we discuss first where the interesting port..afther that we post in TTS trit around 1 week before tts...hope u join us soon
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Sat May 29, 2010 3:23 am

Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:
    jayjeffrey wrote:Hey guys, im BACK!!!

As you may notice, i've edited the title of this thread, no more "soon to be", I am officially an owner of a black ZX150 now!

Can't express my joy enough, i took my bike from the shop on 25th May, though im pretty sad that they didn't do a good job and removing the stickers.... i requested that they remove ALL the stickers except the "kawasaki", every part was great, but the sticker mark at the tank was really bad and they left 2 scratches there... but oh well... love my new bike =D

Ok... so this is my very first bike, and today is my 3rd day riding it and i really do have tonnes of questions to ask... So far been practising alot, wthin 3 days i've travelled well over 500km. My arms really sore rght now as i've never ridden a bike before and this bike requres a very tiring stance most of the time. Please do help me out with a few of my questiosn.

1. i've noticed that i can actually shift up/down without using the clutch after first gear onwards.... is this normal? would it harm my gearbox or is it better if i stick with clutch>shift>clutch?

2. i noticed some weird noise... as if the chains are not oiled enough on the second day of riding what could be the source? the noise only appear occasionally, when i brought it back to the shop it didnt make a noise... so they cant really check it out.

3. As this bike is new, is there anything else i should check or pay attention to? i am very doubtfull of the foreman at the shop i got the bike from, they don't seem to know much about the questions i throw to them...

anyways... i can't wait to meet up with you guys for TTS now that i've got my bike !!! anytime, anyday, just drop me an sms if you guys are bored, ill sure be glad to meet you up to learn a thing or 2 and to know you guys better ! my work schedule is variable so please drop me an sms and i WILL reply you. Don't call coz im not allowed to use phone in my work place. Reach me @ 014-3361260 (jay, BM or ENGLISH is fine wth me). I work in shah alam, stay in puchong and lepak in subang alot.
    Hey bro...what time do you normally left for work ? I'm staying in Putrajaya so i think I can answer most of your question personally...what time do you normally finish work ? Can we met somewhere for an unofficial tts...say for an hour or 2...depends on the questions that you need an answer for..You can drop me a msg at 012-3078817...we can meet up after work...BTW...I'm working in Kelana Jaya...

mambang hijau wrote:Jayjeffry...we sometimes TTS at SS13 (pakdin tomyam) Carl9 mother's warung but not the offisial TTS just for relax n meet each others..Normally before we make offisial tts we discuss first where the interesting port..afther that we post in TTS trit around 1 week before tts...hope u join us soon

hey bro jebat,

That would be GREAT !!!
    I've been riding alone for these past 3 days without guidance and getting by myself = =
    My work time is very inconsistent, sometimes morning to evening, sometimes evening to late midnight.... it would be difficult to plan, what is your after work time? probably i can work something out to match your time. Btw, i stay in putra perdana, 5-10 mins ride to putrajaya !!
    i start work tomorrow at 4pm, lets go for breakfast/lunch haha. Or if you're not sleeping yet, lets go for teh tarik, sms me if ur awake hehe. 014-3361260

Bro Mambang Hijau,

I would like to say... I WON"T MISS THE NEXT TTS !!! however, thats not possible... i may have to work on the day.. pray hard that my work schedule won't clash with the TTS.
    mambang
    mambang

Post by mambang Sat May 29, 2010 3:57 am

i hope so My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Sat May 29, 2010 3:30 pm

.good to get ur kips,take off ur rear mudguard,and change to chamber pipe.Recomendeed the most My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_twisted My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_twisted
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Sat May 29, 2010 10:04 pm

jayjeffrey wrote:
    Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:
    jayjeffrey wrote:Hey guys, im BACK!!!

As you may notice, i've edited the title of this thread, no more "soon to be", I am officially an owner of a black ZX150 now!

Can't express my joy enough, i took my bike from the shop on 25th May, though im pretty sad that they didn't do a good job and removing the stickers.... i requested that they remove ALL the stickers except the "kawasaki", every part was great, but the sticker mark at the tank was really bad and they left 2 scratches there... but oh well... love my new bike =D

Ok... so this is my very first bike, and today is my 3rd day riding it and i really do have tonnes of questions to ask... So far been practising alot, wthin 3 days i've travelled well over 500km. My arms really sore rght now as i've never ridden a bike before and this bike requres a very tiring stance most of the time. Please do help me out with a few of my questiosn.

1. i've noticed that i can actually shift up/down without using the clutch after first gear onwards.... is this normal? would it harm my gearbox or is it better if i stick with clutch>shift>clutch?

2. i noticed some weird noise... as if the chains are not oiled enough on the second day of riding what could be the source? the noise only appear occasionally, when i brought it back to the shop it didnt make a noise... so they cant really check it out.

3. As this bike is new, is there anything else i should check or pay attention to? i am very doubtfull of the foreman at the shop i got the bike from, they don't seem to know much about the questions i throw to them...

anyways... i can't wait to meet up with you guys for TTS now that i've got my bike !!! anytime, anyday, just drop me an sms if you guys are bored, ill sure be glad to meet you up to learn a thing or 2 and to know you guys better ! my work schedule is variable so please drop me an sms and i WILL reply you. Don't call coz im not allowed to use phone in my work place. Reach me @ 014-3361260 (jay, BM or ENGLISH is fine wth me). I work in shah alam, stay in puchong and lepak in subang alot.
    Hey bro...what time do you normally left for work ? I'm staying in Putrajaya so i think I can answer most of your question personally...what time do you normally finish work ? Can we met somewhere for an unofficial tts...say for an hour or 2...depends on the questions that you need an answer for..You can drop me a msg at 012-3078817...we can meet up after work...BTW...I'm working in Kelana Jaya...

mambang hijau wrote:Jayjeffry...we sometimes TTS at SS13 (pakdin tomyam) Carl9 mother's warung but not the offisial TTS just for relax n meet each others..Normally before we make offisial tts we discuss first where the interesting port..afther that we post in TTS trit around 1 week before tts...hope u join us soon

hey bro jebat,

That would be GREAT !!!
    I've been riding alone for these past 3 days without guidance and getting by myself = =
    My work time is very inconsistent, sometimes morning to evening, sometimes evening to late midnight.... it would be difficult to plan, what is your after work time? probably i can work something out to match your time. Btw, i stay in putra perdana, 5-10 mins ride to putrajaya !!
    i start work tomorrow at 4pm, lets go for breakfast/lunch haha. Or if you're not sleeping yet, lets go for teh tarik, sms me if ur awake hehe. 014-3361260

Bro Mambang Hijau,

I would like to say... I WON"T MISS THE NEXT TTS !!! however, thats not possible... i may have to work on the day.. pray hard that my work schedule won't clash with the TTS.
    Hey Jay...I think we got the same problem with our working hours...hahaha...but we can surely workout something bro...I'll be on morning shift till Tuesday...I'll be in my offday on Wednesday...try to plan your working hours then...drop me a msg if you got some free time bro... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_pirat
    mambang
    mambang

Post by mambang Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 am

i 'm also shift workers...first syift from 0600am-0200pm and second syift from 0200pm-100pm...sometimes if my patrner mc or take off day i had work from 0600am-1000pm...ohh so bored... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Sleep
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Sun May 30, 2010 4:15 am

mine worst bro = =

totally super flexi shift, min working hour is 40 hours/week. but the arrangements sometimes are really fcked up. there is no fixed time EVER, schedules are released 2 weeks beforehand and the schedules are all jumbled up... the only good thing i can see from it is that we've got ample breaks... btw, im off on wednesday too... but had arrangement with my grandparents to bring them for medical check up. Is night ok with you?

Anyways... i got into an accident today ... sad case, 3 days old kipper with severe scratches on left fairings... sighs...

its like this... during these past 3 days been practising riding on it alot.. so, the first thing that really caught my attention was the stock tyres, they REALLY SUCK !!! near accident twice due to the lousy grip and couldnt even brake properly. So i had some time off this morning and decided to visit a bike shop for a new tyre..

Dropped by a shop in Old Klang Road, and asked for the best tyre that they have in stock that can fit my bike. So he brought out a Michelin(130) and was quoted RM180. It crossed my mind that 130 may be a little too big and i might lose out alot of power... but oh well, im still in my "practicing mode" thus, safety/stability comes before speed. And... the 130s looks STUNNING on the kips, it was a HUGE difference(visually) from the stock tyres and looks way sportier. Also, i grabbed a can of chain spray as well, stupid shop that i bought the bike from left the chain dry, so my question in my previous post was solved, the sound does comes from the chain.

So... i took my new tyres into action, immediate difference was... no more screeching/skidding from hard rear braking =D

overjoyed, for the first time i brought the bike up to 150km/h (GPS Speedo from my phone, we all know the accuracy issue of the stock meters) as i was confidence with the grip.

everything was fine, sent my bike for polishing before i proceed to work, on the way to work, there was a corner in the backroad of USJ 3 to Shah Alam, got caught in the sand during cornering (went in a little too fast... overconfident with new tyres = =) and skidded away.. luckily, still manage to maneuver and reduced the damage. Thank god i bought my alpinestar gloves and saved my hand from bruises and my head actually hit the tree by the roadside. So far, nothing severe, just scratches on the fairings... this is my first hard learnt lesson haha... should have let the new tyre cook in properly before pushing it.

Anyways, i think i really need a new helmet ASAP!, my helmet cracked due to the impact on the tree. Really a bad day today, sighs...

Btw guys, should i replace the front tyres as well? the size difference between the rear and the front tyres now are HUGE, will it impair the balance? should i get the front replaced as well?

anyways, really happy with the bike so far, and im getting used to it, no more hand and backaches lol !
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Sun May 30, 2010 5:33 am

seems a new lesson you got there.Corner Like A Man ..CLAM~!!
    Just do it,do it and do it....wuuu yeah! My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_twisted My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_twisted My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_twisted

mambang
    mambang

Post by mambang Sun May 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Learn from mistakes jeff.... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Sun May 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Congratulation on your first lesson bro...hehe...not to be hard on you but with your first bike riding xperience...you should take about 2 weeks to 1 month to really learn when is the right timing to take a corner...when is the right timing to drop your gear to speed up and etc...so, try to take it easy with your bike bro...dont push your self with to much xcitement when riding...always bare in mind that a bike only got 2 tyres...a car got 4 so you must really learn how to control your bike b4 going for a corner...I'm giving you this advice as a friend bro...safety comes first...get to know your bike really well..create a bond between you and your bike so that your bike will perform excellently..trust me bro...you will get a very good feeling of satisfaction when you achieve that level...Like there's an old folks saying..."BIAR LAMBAT ASAL SELAMAT"...so clever of me to advice people as I myself are a speed FREAK...hehehe..Peace bro.. My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_rr
    r0cket_terbang
    r0cket_terbang

Post by r0cket_terbang Sun May 30, 2010 10:19 pm

carlnain wrote:Between SOL n GDR i prefer SOL, here are the specification for both helmets.
    SOL 48S Race
    • Lightweight DOT approved Thermo-plastic Poly Alloy shell.
    • New high tech shell design for maximum venting and comfort.
    • SOL D.E.V.S (Dual Exhaust Venting System) allows control of air flow for maximum comfort through two side vents, three top vents, and two rear vents.
    • Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads moves moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you cool and comfortable.
    • Removable/washable interior.
    • Removable/adjustable cheek pads allow custom fitting and increased comfort.
    • Padded chin strap.
    • Large eye port opening for greater visibility.
    • New “DERK” flat finish graphic series and “Streak” graphics.
    • High quality painted with clear coated graphics.
    • Hard coated shield reduces scratching.
    • Aerodynamic flush mounted screw less shield is easily removed.
    • Speaker pockets for easy speaker/communication system installation.
    • Platinum series: includes platinum tint shield and helmet bag.
    • Double lens shield available.

Country of Origin:

• China (mainland)

Brand Name:

• GDR

Main Export Markets:

• Eastern Europe
    • Mid East/Africa
    • Central/South America
    • Asia
    • Western Europe

Key Specifications/Special Features:

• DOT and ECE approved
    • Flip-up type
    • Materail: ABS plastic
    • Buffering layer: imported high quality EPS for impact absorbing
    Both helmets plastics........ My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_idea My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_idea My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_idea

eLopz....
    hehehe
    I would like to ask something here,

1)how much, I mean the price for SOL48S helmet?

2)I go 'rikie' full face helmet at Sec25, there I found MHR helmet at 400 to 450myr,
    is it reasonable price?

I also still new with this thing, but my other fren tell me there is another shop at Sentul
    that offer accessories for reasonable price...

Is it true?
    Do you know the address...

p/s : sorry 4 da mistake... hehehe
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 am

Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:Congratulation on your first lesson bro...hehe...not to be hard on you but with your first bike riding xperience...you should take about 2 weeks to 1 month to really learn when is the right timing to take a corner...when is the right timing to drop your gear to speed up and etc...so, try to take it easy with your bike bro...dont push your self with to much xcitement when riding...always bare in mind that a bike only got 2 tyres...a car got 4 so you must really learn how to control your bike b4 going for a corner...I'm giving you this advice as a friend bro...safety comes first...get to know your bike really well..create a bond between you and your bike so that your bike will perform excellently..trust me bro...you will get a very good feeling of satisfaction when you achieve that level...Like there's an old folks saying..."BIAR LAMBAT ASAL SELAMAT"...so clever of me to advice people as I myself are a speed FREAK...hehehe..Peace bro.. My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_rr

lesson learnt the hard way lolz, i just made a simple fix by sandpapering the damaged part and respraying it... far from perfect, but i guess it will do lol.

Anyways, one huge thing with a car vs bike in cornering. With a car, understeer can be countered with proper acceleration and handbrake techniques, oversteer can be countered with counter-steering. There is many options to take in case things goes bad in the midst of a corner. But for a bike, if you enter at the wrong speed/angle, the only option left for you is how to crash "safely" LOL. well.. just my 2 cents from the crash i had...

btw, quoting from bro r0cket_terbang, which part of ss25? are you referring to ss25 as in PJ? near taman megah? do you have any GPS coordinate?
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 2:32 am

jayjeffrey wrote:
    Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:Congratulation on your first lesson bro...hehe...not to be hard on you but with your first bike riding xperience...you should take about 2 weeks to 1 month to really learn when is the right timing to take a corner...when is the right timing to drop your gear to speed up and etc...so, try to take it easy with your bike bro...dont push your self with to much xcitement when riding...always bare in mind that a bike only got 2 tyres...a car got 4 so you must really learn how to control your bike b4 going for a corner...I'm giving you this advice as a friend bro...safety comes first...get to know your bike really well..create a bond between you and your bike so that your bike will perform excellently..trust me bro...you will get a very good feeling of satisfaction when you achieve that level...Like there's an old folks saying..."BIAR LAMBAT ASAL SELAMAT"...so clever of me to advice people as I myself are a speed FREAK...hehehe..Peace bro.. My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_rr

lesson learnt the hard way lolz, i just made a simple fix by sandpapering the damaged part and respraying it... far from perfect, but i guess it will do lol.

Anyways, one huge thing with a car vs bike in cornering. With a car, understeer can be countered with proper acceleration and handbrake techniques, oversteer can be countered with counter-steering. There is many options to take in case things goes bad in the midst of a corner. But for a bike, if you enter at the wrong speed/angle, the only option left for you is how to crash "safely" LOL. well.. just my 2 cents from the crash i had...

btw, quoting from bro r0cket_terbang, which part of ss25? are you referring to ss25 as in PJ? near taman megah? do you have any GPS coordinate?
    That's what I meant by you have to take your time to learn about your bike bro...Kawasakis' specialty is...they have a very damn good balancing for the whole machine...I will explain to you in details when we're meet up for a tts between us bro...

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 2:35 am

understeer can be countered with proper acceleration and handbrake techniques.
    much same goes to motorcycle.. i dont really know what is understeer and oversteer, but car and motorcycle is much the same, only difference is... u know what. Smile
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 2:40 am

seriously, i couldn't wait till the next TTS with you guys, can we arrange an unofficial TTS sooner? Razz

btw, i was at endau bikers today... ordered a michelin for my front tyres to balance up my rear michelins, also ordered the rear seat cover as well. Saw a BMW 1000RR there, really an awesome piece of art... had a nice time chatting with fellas there, all friendly guys, big or small bike.

STILL LOOKING FOR HELMET!!! sigh... my current chaplang helmet already took 1 impact from my accident that day, my heat knocked into a tree = = don't feel safe it it now despite it not having any visible cracks...

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 2:43 am

actually, there's unofficial tts session at kota damansara, seems to me u didnt notice about it. Smile no worry, next time please do come and join. Smile
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 am

sinclair wrote:
    much same goes to motorcycle.. i dont really know what is understeer and oversteer, but car and motorcycle is much the same, only difference is... u know what. Smile

i strongly disagree with this bro... i frequent sepang back then and learnt a thing or 2 for driving techniques... but for now, i have to forget most of them as they don't go well with bikes... especially clutching AND cornering, except for the basic "racing line", driving a car theories are best not applied on bike if you wanna be safe = =

Or maybe im just too noob to biking and takes time, but seriously, my first day in sepang was not as fun as my first night with my KRR hehe. Bike is sooo much more fun, im checking my time everyday through and flow from work. Time improve everyday, IMHO, our kips are not made for 80-90kmh... i cruise normally around 120-140kmh on the highway... i've been riding alot as i wanna quicken my first oil change before i can really pull the throttle, for now... maintain max 7k rpm... ughh... hard to control haha, hand itches alot.
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 2:47 am

sinclair wrote:actually, there's unofficial tts session at kota damansara, seems to me u didnt notice about it. Smile no worry, next time please do come and join. Smile
    I myself missed todays' tts as i didnt know about the location...been waiting these past few days for a tts and finally miss it... My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 2 Icon_sad

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 2:49 am

yes, u can disagree with me cuz im too newbie to driving, but much the same if u say "proper acceleration and handbrake techniques" motorcycles too need proper accel and handbrake front brake technique. but if u end up on gravel/sand/water, yes, hardly avoid.
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 2:50 am

jayjeffrey wrote:
    sinclair wrote:

i strongly disagree with this bro... i frequent sepang back then and learnt a thing or 2 for driving techniques... but for now, i have to forget most of them as they don't go well with bikes... especially clutching AND cornering, except for the basic "racing line", driving a car theories are best not applied on bike if you wanna be safe = =

Or maybe im just too noob to biking and takes time, but seriously, my first day in sepang was not as fun as my first night with my KRR hehe. Bike is sooo much more fun, im checking my time everyday through and flow from work. Time improve everyday, IMHO, our kips are not made for 80-90kmh... i cruise normally around 120-140kmh on the highway... i've been riding alot as i wanna quicken my first oil change before i can really pull the throttle, for now... maintain max 7k rpm... ughh... hard to control haha, hand itches alot.
    Why dont you come over to Kelana Jaya 2morrow...will take you to an accessorie shop own by a friend of mine..
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 2:57 am

thanks for the offer bro... but my work ends at 6pm tomorrow.. might be a little too late to visit your friend... unless if he doesn't mind hehe.

Bro sinclair,

yea bro, gravel,sand and water (add 1 more, yellow/white road markers =_= ) are really the thing that really freak me out at the moment.

You're right about the front braking, previously i was using rear brakes more than the front brakes, thus resulting in me changing my tyres, and now, im starting to use both... and i end up changing my front as well...

I did saw some review from some sites saying that the stock tyres are bad.. just that.. i didn't expect it to be THIS bad... Btw, whats the best tyre currently available for our front tyres? something that grips well enough for emergency brakes... and does cornering well too Razz my budget for front tyres is below RM250...
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 2:59 am

jayjeffrey wrote:thanks for the offer bro... but my work ends at 6pm tomorrow.. might be a little too late to visit your friend... unless if he doesn't mind hehe.

Bro sinclair,

yea bro, gravel,sand and water (add 1 more, yellow/white road markers =_= ) are really the thing that really freak me out at the moment.

You're right about the front braking, previously i was using rear brakes more than the front brakes, thus resulting in me changing my tyres, and now, im starting to use both... and i end up changing my front as well...

I did saw some review from some sites saying that the stock tyres are bad.. just that.. i didn't expect it to be THIS bad... Btw, whats the best tyre currently available for our front tyres? something that grips well enough for emergency brakes... and does cornering well too Razz my budget for front tyres is below RM250...
    He closes his shop at 9 bro...drop by to view some helmets at his shop then..
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 3:04 am

thats great bro, so where should i meet up with you? around which area in kelana jaya is his shop located at? i've been to eidaman's shop before, is it nearby there?
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Mon May 31, 2010 3:09 am

Yes bro..thats my friends shop..Can we meet up at Giant Kelana Jaya...the 1 besides Shell petrol station..
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 am

but if im not wrong, he don't have much stock for helmets... he's a really nice guy, even helped me called other bros to check if they have helms in their stock. Unfortunately... not at the moment, i bought my gloves, kneepad and my current helm from him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:15 pm