Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
kurt2812
helmynyte89
TaFe
alep
dreamers_vault
alldisc
asrolsani
r0cket_terbang
mambang
Jebat_Mka.75
julian
kr150c87
duke
carlnain
jayjeffrey
19 posters

My Ride (title changed :P)

Raksasa
    Raksasa

My Ride (title changed :P) - Page 5 Empty Re: My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by Raksasa Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:46 pm

any one willing to enlighten me? My bike has just being clocked in at 2000km. First service done at 1000km, everything is stock. using Castrol power 1 2T now. First time i ride a bike is at the driving academy, then the second time is 2mths ago.

1) How to warm up the bike properly? Because i heard that most engine failures are the result of riding your machine while its still cold. i normally just start the bike and let it run on idle for 5 mins.

2) When the engine is cold, is it normal that the bike produce white smoke? because when i first rode my bike, this never happen. but about 900km, white snoke starts to form when the engine is cold. the amount of the smoke increase day by day.... =(

3) My bike is feeling heavier and heavier, feels that it has lost some power. Is this the result of improper break-in method or its just my 2T? my bike is broken-in following the manual book.

4) Where do you guys recommend for me to mod or service my bike around PJ/Damansara area? because the workshop that i bought my bike from is not being honest with me. always offer me higher price then wait for me to negotiate. They offered me Castrol power 1 2T for rm30 when my 2T finished. damn, i hate it when they do that. summore they lubricated my chain with used minyak hitam without asking me. now i am so sad that my bike is badly treated..... summore im only a student, they also want to pancung.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! =)

BTW, is there any unofficial TTS going on? im living in Damansara. can contact me anytime for TTS or just a meetup or anything if u need help, just want to meet you guys and learn from you guys. alot to learn. im a student working part time, so my schedule is fixed la. hehe. 012-2878-676 Ah Mao.
    gammafiber

Post by gammafiber Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 am

This advise is based on what I do and from my experience. It may not be the best way to treat your bike, so caution advised.

1) Use my choke in the morning without revving for a while. Most of the time I swith on my choke and ride slowly for about 1km or less, always in a rush (That is the reason using this bike). Then proceed with normal riding.

2-3) May be due to your PV (Std break In). Its choking already, need to clean its throat.

4) For Normal servicing, you can go to Ah Cheng@Shah Sunway, just behind Caltex. You can make new friends there.

5) Bro Mambang is organizing this week, you are most welcome to drop by.
    gammafiber

Post by gammafiber Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:47 am

And Lastly, visit technical talk. You can learn a lot.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm

THANKS bro Gammafiber!!! u also ah cheng's customer? as long as they are honest with me and have decent workmanship, im okay with it, not into modding yet cause still a student got not much money. =/

bro, my break-in method wrong ah? sorry for being so noob, but what is the "throat" you refer in the previous post? im using choke to start my bike everytime when its cold. then idle for 5 min, after that i off the choke only ride off. isit a proper way as well?

i really appreciate your advice bro.
    gammafiber

Post by gammafiber Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 pm

there is a few method ie std break in according to manual and hard break in. Use your own judgement and be safe.

turn on choke for 5 min warms up works as well.

assuming you already done your 1k service, then you need to activate your pv to prevent clogging + pv jam (activated with rpm above 7) once in a while. Your machine wants to play.

ahcheng is okay for normal tweeking, can get good free advice.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:10 pm

oh..... I think I'm getting my bike there to ah cheng tomorrow.

I have been riding real hard after 1700km. mainly because the bike feels heavier due to unknown reasons. and I also love the sound when the kips valve open. Smile
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 am

Raksasa wrote:any one willing to enlighten me? My bike has just being clocked in at 2000km. First service done at 1000km, everything is stock. using Castrol power 1 2T now. First time i ride a bike is at the driving academy, then the second time is 2mths ago.

1) How to warm up the bike properly? Because i heard that most engine failures are the result of riding your machine while its still cold. i normally just start the bike and let it run on idle for 5 mins.

2) When the engine is cold, is it normal that the bike produce white smoke? because when i first rode my bike, this never happen. but about 900km, white snoke starts to form when the engine is cold. the amount of the smoke increase day by day.... =(

3) My bike is feeling heavier and heavier, feels that it has lost some power. Is this the result of improper break-in method or its just my 2T? my bike is broken-in following the manual book.

4) Where do you guys recommend for me to mod or service my bike around PJ/Damansara area? because the workshop that i bought my bike from is not being honest with me. always offer me higher price then wait for me to negotiate. They offered me Castrol power 1 2T for rm30 when my 2T finished. damn, i hate it when they do that. summore they lubricated my chain with used minyak hitam without asking me. now i am so sad that my bike is badly treated..... summore im only a student, they also want to pancung.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! =)

BTW, is there any unofficial TTS going on? im living in Damansara. can contact me anytime for TTS or just a meetup or anything if u need help, just want to meet you guys and learn from you guys. alot to learn. im a student working part time, so my schedule is fixed la. hehe. 012-2878-676 Ah Mao.

Hey bro, welcome to the forum. Here are my comments on your queries,

1)Yep, thats okay for warming up, though i would say exactly 5 minutes is probably too long. Just let it idle till the point that the engine wont die off. By the time you ride your bike, most likely your engine is reluctant(sluggish) to go above certain rpm(in my case somewhere around 6k), DONT FORCE IT!!. just Ride slow and easy maintaning below the rpm where it starts to slug, and in a few moments, your bike PV is ready for some screaming.

2)White smoke during startup is norm, especially a new bike, it would most likely means your 2T pump is working accordingly, you should really start to worry if your bike produce NO SmOKE AT ALL, then you need to panic as it is an early indicator that your 2T Pump isnt working, check your 2T and ensure that it is consumed accordingly, according to kips standard meter, a full tank of 2T will probably last your up to 800-1.2k Km. Also, note this, try to avoid using cheap 2T, the bike will be sluggish for sure and its pretty harmfull to the engine. Fav choices around here are the Quicksilver, or my fav is sikolene 2T Comp.

3) well, most of the time, break in methods are highly debateable. No harm breaking in following the manual and no harm revving like crazy as well. I highly doubt that your power loss is caused by bad break in method. Probably the 2T? or maybe something else, but before that, be specific in your power loss, which power band? pv open? or off? lets reduce possibilities before we come to a conclusion.

4) well, im no fan of castrol(though i use castrol edge for my car), so i cannot comment on the price. The use of used engine oil to lube your chains is not in any way harmfull. Its okay, the only difference with used engine oil and premium chain lubes, is that premium chain lubes stays on the chain longer, can tolerate a certain amount of rain and mud that gets in your chain, those black oil tends to splash around, but worry not, no harm is done. For engine or major mods, i usually go to ah cheng sunway. But simple mods, just go to any of your nearest favourtie garage.

You can check out the event thread and search out for PUTRAJAYA TT session, feel free to join us anytime, we have mostly unofficial TT sessions, on average we hang out 4-5 days weekly. Or do call/sms me at anytime to confirm our hangout time and date, sometimes putrajaya kippers do hangout at my place(puchong).

Btw, too much mod has been done on my bike that im getting lazy to post it up here, my bike is currently totally different from the pics posted here. So... if you're keeping and eye out for that bike, rest assured you wont fine one... hehe. Contact ne at 012-9411558 Jay.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:35 pm

i think it might be the 2t tht im using. but my 2t consumption is weird. the 1st time i top up my 2t is around 1400km, and top up roughly more than half a bottle only.

can i join up with your unofficial TTS? cause im a student that work part time during the weekend, and most official TTS are organized on the weekends. im only studying 3 days during the weekdays tho. =)
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:08 pm

then you better bring your bike to sunrock kawasaki and check your 2T pump/setting, i believe your 2T consumption is abnormally low, there is another forumer that had this case, sunrock checked and the pump is blocked. do join us, though nothing is planned yet... probably tmr, most regular members arent free today..
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

alright. i couldnt go back to kawasaki because the place i get my bike from did not chop my warranty card and it to kawasaki malaysia for me, even after i specially requested. almost launch a police report. but i have the receipt tho.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 pm

but have you been to kawa before? i think as long as you have the reciept and the warranty card, they will have to acknowledge as they are the sole dealer of kawa bikes here... even despite the chop.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

have not been to kawa before. but the warranty card says that "please fill in clearly and return to kawasaki malaysia within 7 days, failure to do so will void warranty."

so frustrated.... worked whole year long to save money just to pay by cash for this bike. all my hard earned money is in this bike.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:19 pm

nak... no worries, i only submitted the card 45 days after date of purchase, not an issue. Some things are always negotiable. If everything in the worlds runs strictly on papers, its the end brother.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 pm

oh great to hear that!!! im going to the shop today later in the evening to get it chopped then. did you write the actual date of purchase or the date before you post it?
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

well, just drop by kawa bro, dont have to do anything, just bring the warranty card and your purchase documentation, they will advise you the rest. Don't worry.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm

alright bro. i just got it chopped!!!! finally. thx bro. looking forward to the next unofficial TTS . thx
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 pm

well...if you're interested in fishing, there might be a little fishing event tonight at my house...
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:51 pm

haha im not interested in fishing, but i dont mind to drop by for awhile if u guys dont mind. =)
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm

give me a miss call, ill contact you later when im finished with work, we can meet up for a TT session.
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 pm

sure. i will sms you instead.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:51 pm

work finished, packing up and moving shortly =)
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 pm

got my sms? just sms me when youre ready for TTS, tonight im free.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 pm

nope, didnt get any sns, sure u got the right nunber? 012-9411558
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm

smsed you. my num, 0122878676
    iyliafahmi
    iyliafahmi

Post by iyliafahmi Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 pm

hey bro, hw much r u selling ur size 130 tyre?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:28 pm