Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+15
kurt2812
helmynyte89
TaFe
alep
dreamers_vault
alldisc
asrolsani
r0cket_terbang
mambang
Jebat_Mka.75
julian
kr150c87
duke
carlnain
jayjeffrey
19 posters

My Ride (title changed :P)

jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

My Ride (title changed :P) Empty My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by jayjeffrey Sun May 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Edited Old Post, Changed title hehe.

Last edited by jayjeffrey on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total
    carlnain
    carlnain

My Ride (title changed :P) Empty Re: My Ride (title changed :P)

Post by carlnain Mon May 10, 2010 3:12 am

answer 4 question no. 1 :
    Dude size doesn't matter....wakakaakkaka. This bike still can perform very well ,even
    your weight is up to 100kg....ask mr. wadin....he rode KRZ champiang older version of superkips.... My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_lol My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_lol
    gosh.....mono sure cryla......hehehehehe

answer 4 question No 2 :
    Factory tyre is not very horrible , except you ride in wet n rainy day . This tyre a bit sensitive only....hehehehe(xspecialy on white line)
    anyway you can change this tyre 2 whatever tyre you like depends on your budget. How much you want 2
    spend for tyre(rear n front) ??. Max tyre size for ZX is 130 rear n 110 front, you can choose to use
    DURO or MICHELIN (melicin...wakakaka).
    Mine , i used DURO .........1set rm210 hengget only My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_cheers My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_cheers

answer 4 question No 3 :
    Dude it's normal ,that why i like this bike ...preenggg.....preeengg...

Answer 4 question No 4:
    SOL brand not 2 badla bro , it's ok batter than MS88 n APPOLO....wakakkaakaka
    I recommed you to buy a glove n full padding jacket also (leather jacket i strongly suggest).
    If your budget around 1k for xsesory , you can get :
    1. SOL fullface rm3++
    2.ALI -PIN-SATAR- lather Glove rm160
    3.IZ2 or fieldsheer or codura jacket price range around rm190-260 hengget only(full padding jacket).

P/S: Soly my english a bit karat-karat.......hehehehhee
    duke
    duke

Post by duke Mon May 10, 2010 9:35 am

hi jeffrey, welcome to the forum.

for the time being, zx150 is the cheapest 30hp bike you can get.
    for such a bargain, you have to compromise on a few things, like the engine sound and 2t.
    sure it's not as growling as how 4-strokers sound, but all of us here love it My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_smile
    you also have to regularly top up 2t oil, luckily zx150 is very economical there (about 1.1k-1.5k km per litre, depending on brand)

compared to ninja 250r, zx150 has more power to weight ratio
    not to mention that a 250r costs more than double My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_rolleyes

if you're looking for the most performance at the least cost,
    then zx150 is THE bike! My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_cheers

Last edited by duke on Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Mon May 10, 2010 10:46 am

U rode the waja with converted engine with modded horse estimated 430hp,
    I doubt tat the G-force is more powerful than 30hp.30hp aint enuff for u either nor me, at least 60-120hp. My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_biggrin
    Choose the bike thats suitable at least power to weight ratio.

Cheers bro~ My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_biggrin
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon May 10, 2010 1:21 pm

really appreciate the feedback guys, thx for the warm welcome !!

@bro carlnain,

yup, im purchasing a glove, padded/armored jacket.... browsing around the forum for some decent one... and a knee protector as well !!! i still carry an injury on my right knee from 4-5 years ago... won't wanna risk it.... safety first, since im totally clueless riding a bike, despite how carefull i may be at first, im still at risk of falling...

btw bro, beside sol, i came across another brand "GDR" for the flip up helm... how is that compared to sol? it is selling for approx RM400 by cyclegarage.

@bro duke,

Exactly why i choose this bike... i think the zx150 should be one of the best beginner sportbike around !!

@bro kr150c87,

Im well aware that i should not be comparing a car and a bike... 2 different things, and 2 huge different risk factor... oh man i miss my car =(
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Mon May 10, 2010 1:41 pm

well,there's no *displacement for replacement* my opinion,begineer superbikes.and easy learning goes to Ninja250R even' its pricey.its got a lot of good reviews in and outer country and it has EURO3,and emission control compare to 2strokes, an example of 250cc(2strokes) switching to moto2(600Cc) 4 strokes era.and it has a good and better low end torque for street,and daily cruising and even convoys,riding to hills.

If u get the ninja250R u can get many offers,choices,and promotions(convoy ride) from kawasaki shah alam compare to the KRR-ZX150. Unless u love 2strokes very much. now thats a diff story ..
    Cheers! My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_biggrin

I still miss my beloved KIPS..even its 14years old,yet it still making me loving it more, all my hard earned sweat has been delivered. Still it cant be compareable to new ninja150 or 250.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 am

guys, out of curiosity. Also, im unable to find any info on the net regarding this....

what is the difference between the SE version and the normal version? as far as i can see... its only the rear seat cover and the paint job...

I love the black normal version... but i love the rear seat cover too... is there anywhere i can get the cover? or is it worth it if i purchase the Se and have painted as i wish? given the option i would go white...

beside cosmetic difference, are there any difference?

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 am

jayjeffrey wrote:guys, out of curiosity. Also, im unable to find any info on the net regarding this....

what is the difference between the SE version and the normal version? as far as i can see... its only the rear seat cover and the paint job...

I love the black normal version... but i love the rear seat cover too... is there anywhere i can get the cover? or is it worth it if i purchase the Se and have painted as i wish? given the option i would go white...

beside cosmetic difference, are there any difference?

No difference... just cosmetic.. You can buy the black and ask the single seat cover to be precise.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 am

just as i thought... factory paint would be a much better choice than having it repainted... thx bro.

Btw, any idea where can i get the seat cover?

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:39 am

jayjeffrey wrote:just as i thought... factory paint would be a much better choice than having it repainted... thx bro.

Btw, any idea where can i get the seat cover?
    can ask for including the seat cover when buying it at the shop bro. Smile
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Tue May 11, 2010 4:00 am

alrighto, thanks bro.

confirmed will be getting the bike on 18th this month !!!

cant wait to join u guys on TT, while waiting, now hunting for bargains on safety gears.
    carlnain
    carlnain

Post by carlnain Tue May 11, 2010 4:10 am

Between SOL n GDR i prefer SOL, here are the specification for both helmets.
    SOL 48S Race
    • Lightweight DOT approved Thermo-plastic Poly Alloy shell.
    • New high tech shell design for maximum venting and comfort.
    • SOL D.E.V.S (Dual Exhaust Venting System) allows control of air flow for maximum comfort through two side vents, three top vents, and two rear vents.
    • Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads moves moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you cool and comfortable.
    • Removable/washable interior.
    • Removable/adjustable cheek pads allow custom fitting and increased comfort.
    • Padded chin strap.
    • Large eye port opening for greater visibility.
    • New “DERK” flat finish graphic series and “Streak” graphics.
    • High quality painted with clear coated graphics.
    • Hard coated shield reduces scratching.
    • Aerodynamic flush mounted screw less shield is easily removed.
    • Speaker pockets for easy speaker/communication system installation.
    • Platinum series: includes platinum tint shield and helmet bag.
    • Double lens shield available.

Country of Origin:

• China (mainland)

Brand Name:

• GDR

Main Export Markets:

• Eastern Europe
    • Mid East/Africa
    • Central/South America
    • Asia
    • Western Europe

Key Specifications/Special Features:

• DOT and ECE approved
    • Flip-up type
    • Materail: ABS plastic
    • Buffering layer: imported high quality EPS for impact absorbing
    Both helmets plastics........ My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_idea My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_idea My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_idea
    julian

Post by julian Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm

carlnain wrote:answer 4 question no. 1 :

answer 4 question No 2 :
    Factory tyre is not very horrible , except you ride in wet n rainy day . This tyre a bit sensitive only....hehehehe(xspecialy on white line)
    anyway you can change this tyre 2 whatever tyre you like depends on your budget. How much you want 2
    spend for tyre(rear n front) ??. Max tyre size for ZX is 130 rear n 110 front, you can choose to use
    Mine , i used DURO .........1set rm210 hengget only My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_cheers My Ride (title changed :P) Icon_cheers

is there a difference in the feel or handling when using 110 rear tyre and a 120 tyre? I thot of changing to a bigger tyre soon. The tyre you are using DURO RM210 for one tyre or 1 set as in one front and 1 back tyre?

cheers,
    Julian
    carlnain
    carlnain

Post by carlnain Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 pm

julian wrote:
    carlnain wrote:answer 4 question no. 1 :

answer 4 question No 2 :

is there a difference in the feel or handling when using 110 rear tyre and a 120 tyre? I thot of changing to a bigger tyre soon. The tyre you are using DURO RM210 for one tyre or 1 set as in one front and 1 back tyre?

cheers,
    Julian

Of course got diffrent between this 2 size , the bigger the batter . Especially when cornering , but you
    can feel your bike a bit heavy on the straight road . Mine i Used 110 rear n 90 front.

Yup 1 set is rear n front tyre , Duro the cheapest n reliable tyre 4 me
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey kippers!

whats the size for the stock tyres?

Also... whats the best 2T that i can stock up?

btw, today i was quoted a shocking RM500 for the rear seat cover.... wow... is this really the market price for it? or is the dealer "parang-ing" me? for the bike itself, the price is almost the same everywhere else...

I made last minute arrangement with my driving school... i went for full "B" class instead of "B2". I was misinformed previously that i had to own a B2 for a duration of time before proceeding to B class... got a chance to ride the ER 6F there !!! awesome lol. Everyone else is riding the kapcai, i was the only learner there with a ER 6F. Lucky that im the only participant going for full B. 4 more hours for training before going for the JPJ test.

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 pm

1. I couldn't answer for the best 2T..
    2. Wow.. thats a wee bit off the price? not sure the price, but usually people buying zx get it for free.
    3. bahh.. i did mine riding old virago.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 pm

free? @_@

i meant the cover which is the same as the special edition ones... the cover with the small little cushion on it...

500 is really steep for it, it will bust my budget. I could use the 500 for better safety gears.

There was a virago on the parking lot too =D
    They've got 2 unit of the ERs there. But really sakit hati see scratches on the fairings, one of it i think dropped pretty badly, the fairing cracked a little on the right side... sigh...
    carlnain
    carlnain

Post by carlnain Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 am

jayjeffrey wrote:free? @_@

i meant the cover which is the same as the special edition ones... the cover with the small little cushion on it...

500 is really steep for it, it will bust my budget. I could use the 500 for better safety gears.

There was a virago on the parking lot too =D
    They've got 2 unit of the ERs there. But really sakit hati see scratches on the fairings, one of it i think dropped pretty badly, the fairing cracked a little on the right side... sigh...
    That one free bro , comes with ZX SE edition , if you want it , the price is 380hengget only.

dude , u go to endau bikers(behind pasar borong selangor , seri kembangan) .
    custome made fiber single seat dude . it only cost you 150hengget only. Most of kippers here
    order the single seat from endau bikers.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 am

the pasar borong near equine park?
    Thats pretty near to my place... i stay around putra perdana... thx for the info bro. Ill have a look.

Since its custom made, by any chance, does it increase the rear compartment a little? probably can stuff more things there... rainsuit or something haha...
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 am

Notice:- to new owner of KRR-ZX150, please ensure u have disc lock,T lock,and chains lock,and change ur key lock to different type.

Ensure u have alarm or safety enquiment locked on the bike even outside ur house or ur house compound.

THis bike is getting more attention make sure u cut off the mudguard and change to Chamber exhaust.
    julian

Post by julian Thu May 13, 2010 12:59 pm

julian wrote:

cheers,
    Julian

carlnain wrote:
    Of course got diffrent between this 2 size , the bigger the batter . Especially when cornering , but you
    can feel your bike a bit heavy on the straight road . Mine i Used 110 rear n 90 front.

where did you get your tyres from? Is Duro easily available. I would assume they are better than the original tyres. With my original tyres I gotta stay off the white lines. Scary man Shocked
    kr150c87
    kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 pm

For more safety obtain and thumbs up Bridgestone Battlax BT Series
    Superb safety and more cornering grips~
    Or you can try michelin pilot power/Dunlop Tyres
    carlnain
    carlnain

Post by carlnain Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 pm

jayjeffrey wrote:the pasar borong near equine park?
    Thats pretty near to my place... i stay around putra perdana... thx for the info bro. Ill have a look.

Since its custom made, by any chance, does it increase the rear compartment a little? probably can stuff more things there... rainsuit or something haha...

Bro i suggest you come to our OPISIAL TTS at KLang this week. you can see many type of modification .
    comela , virago also can bro.....hehehehehehhe

Refer XTVT trit for Opisial TTS this week.

julian wrote:
    julian wrote:

cheers,
    Julian

carlnain wrote:

where did you get your tyres from? Is Duro easily available. I would assume they are better than the original tyres. With my original tyres I gotta stay off the white lines. Scary man Shocked

Duro perform much batter than original tyre bro (IRC),no more GOYANG GERUDI on the white line.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

You can buy from sentul and please ask the price 1st , normally price for DURO is following the
    tyre size . If saiz 110 that means the price is 110hengget. 4 Rear tyre USE DURO RACING , front USE DURO HI-916
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Fri May 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Hey guys, im BACK!!!

As you may notice, i've edited the title of this thread, no more "soon to be", I am officially an owner of a black ZX150 now!

Can't express my joy enough, i took my bike from the shop on 25th May, though im pretty sad that they didn't do a good job and removing the stickers.... i requested that they remove ALL the stickers except the "kawasaki", every part was great, but the sticker mark at the tank was really bad and they left 2 scratches there... but oh well... love my new bike =D

Ok... so this is my very first bike, and today is my 3rd day riding it and i really do have tonnes of questions to ask... So far been practising alot, wthin 3 days i've travelled well over 500km. My arms really sore rght now as i've never ridden a bike before and this bike requres a very tiring stance most of the time. Please do help me out with a few of my questiosn.

1. i've noticed that i can actually shift up/down without using the clutch after first gear onwards.... is this normal? would it harm my gearbox or is it better if i stick with clutch>shift>clutch?

2. i noticed some weird noise... as if the chains are not oiled enough on the second day of riding what could be the source? the noise only appear occasionally, when i brought it back to the shop it didnt make a noise... so they cant really check it out.

3. As this bike is new, is there anything else i should check or pay attention to? i am very doubtfull of the foreman at the shop i got the bike from, they don't seem to know much about the questions i throw to them...

anyways... i can't wait to meet up with you guys for TTS now that i've got my bike !!! anytime, anyday, just drop me an sms if you guys are bored, ill sure be glad to meet you up to learn a thing or 2 and to know you guys better ! my work schedule is variable so please drop me an sms and i WILL reply you. Don't call coz im not allowed to use phone in my work place. Reach me @ 014-3361260 (jay, BM or ENGLISH is fine wth me). I work in shah alam, stay in puchong and lepak in subang alot.
    Jebat_Mka.75
    Jebat_Mka.75

Post by Jebat_Mka.75 Sat May 29, 2010 1:12 am

jayjeffrey wrote:Hey guys, im BACK!!!

As you may notice, i've edited the title of this thread, no more "soon to be", I am officially an owner of a black ZX150 now!

Can't express my joy enough, i took my bike from the shop on 25th May, though im pretty sad that they didn't do a good job and removing the stickers.... i requested that they remove ALL the stickers except the "kawasaki", every part was great, but the sticker mark at the tank was really bad and they left 2 scratches there... but oh well... love my new bike =D

Ok... so this is my very first bike, and today is my 3rd day riding it and i really do have tonnes of questions to ask... So far been practising alot, wthin 3 days i've travelled well over 500km. My arms really sore rght now as i've never ridden a bike before and this bike requres a very tiring stance most of the time. Please do help me out with a few of my questiosn.

1. i've noticed that i can actually shift up/down without using the clutch after first gear onwards.... is this normal? would it harm my gearbox or is it better if i stick with clutch>shift>clutch?

2. i noticed some weird noise... as if the chains are not oiled enough on the second day of riding what could be the source? the noise only appear occasionally, when i brought it back to the shop it didnt make a noise... so they cant really check it out.

3. As this bike is new, is there anything else i should check or pay attention to? i am very doubtfull of the foreman at the shop i got the bike from, they don't seem to know much about the questions i throw to them...

anyways... i can't wait to meet up with you guys for TTS now that i've got my bike !!! anytime, anyday, just drop me an sms if you guys are bored, ill sure be glad to meet you up to learn a thing or 2 and to know you guys better ! my work schedule is variable so please drop me an sms and i WILL reply you. Don't call coz im not allowed to use phone in my work place. Reach me @ 014-3361260 (jay, BM or ENGLISH is fine wth me). I work in shah alam, stay in puchong and lepak in subang alot.
    Hey bro...what time do you normally left for work ? I'm staying in Putrajaya so i think I can answer most of your question personally...what time do you normally finish work ? Can we met somewhere for an unofficial tts...say for an hour or 2...depends on the questions that you need an answer for..You can drop me a msg at 012-3078817...we can meet up after work...BTW...I'm working in Kelana Jaya...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:34 pm