Kawasaki Kips Owners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

+4
helmynyte89
mahaza88
darksol
julian
8 posters

Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang

julian

Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang Empty Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang

Post by julian Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi,
    Do you guys know of any good service centres in PJ/Shah Alam or Klang areas? The motor cycle shop that I bought my bike says you only need to change 4T oil that's all. Carreburator and block need not be cleaned. I find that hard to believe. I asked him about air filter and he says clean every 10k. So my 3rd service at 5000km was only an oil change. Should a service be at an interval of 3k or 5k? And what should be done at each service?

Thanks,
    Julian
    darksol
    darksol

Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang Empty Re: Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang

Post by darksol Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 pm

if it's still under warranty, it is best to service the bike at authorised Kawasaki dealer or if you have doubt, you can always refer to Kawasaki HQ.
    julian

Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang Empty Re: Good service centres - PJ/Shah Alam/Klang

Post by julian Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:48 pm

darksol wrote:if it's still under warranty, it is best to service the bike at authorised Kawasaki dealer or if you have doubt, you can always refer to Kawasaki HQ.

Actually the shop is an authorised kawasaki dealer. I believe they are one of the top sellers in Selangor. If take to HQ it would be crowded and expensive right?
    darksol
    darksol

Post by darksol Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

julian wrote:
    darksol wrote:if it's still under warranty, it is best to service the bike at authorised Kawasaki dealer or if you have doubt, you can always refer to Kawasaki HQ.

Actually the shop is an authorised kawasaki dealer. I believe they are one of the top sellers in Selangor. If take to HQ it would be crowded and expensive right?
    If that is the case, then shouldn't be any problem. Not sure whether it's gonna be crowded or not in HQ but the price should be comparable and rest assured all 100% genuine parts used. Very Happy FYI, i haven't serviced my bike in any of Kawasaki dealers... hehe
    mahaza88

Post by mahaza88 Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi All,

Bought my 08 bike at about 7,000 km. Did a service at 10,000 km 6 mths ago where I cleaned the carburettor, changed motor oil, clutch cable, sprocket and chain set.
    Can't remember the cost then (sorry) but its pretty reasonable.
    Did it at Tmn Hormat Motorcycle shop ( Ah Cheng) who was and possibly still is a kawaski Kips racer (he's elderly now) and enthusiast.
    Location is along the road opposite Sunway Pyramid after Caltex stn , if you are coming from Subang direction . Can provide exact address but I don't have it with me now.

Recently at 16,000 km did a complete service where he disassembled top cylinder, change piston ring, decarbonised everything, clean carburettor, change spark plugs, oil, replace wool fibre in my AHM end cans (the original material provided sucks), whole lot of gaskets, chain tensioning and lube and general checkup. Cost about 300 rgt. (Donno expensive or not but I'm satisfied, at least )

My bike now runs and sound great.
    I like my bike and do recommend periodic oil change (every 5 K kilometer ) and cleaning the carb ( dunno , maybe every 8K) and decarb the block ( again dunno, but maybe every 10 - 15 K km).

I think your bike will still run without these services but there nothing like a tip top running ZX-150 to keep your riding happy.

Last edited by mahaza88 on Mon May 03, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed something)
    helmynyte89
    helmynyte89

Post by helmynyte89 Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Now my bike milliage around 13k... what should i do if i want to maintain my bike as good like a new bike? is it change and "complete service where he disassembled top cylinder, change piston
    ring, decarbonised everything, clean carburettor, change spark plugs,
    oil, whole lot of gaskets, chain tensioning and lube and
    general checkup."

Or just want to wait until 15k...
    mahaza88

Post by mahaza88 Mon May 03, 2010 10:17 pm

My humble opinion, think you should do it at 13K km.
    Actually, the mechanic did suggest to me when i serviced the bike at 10K to do it at 13K but I just didn't have the time till recently.
    You will feel a much smoother engine and the surprise for me, cold start without choke anymore.
    julian

Post by julian Tue May 11, 2010 9:49 am

mahaza88 wrote:My humble opinion, think you should do it at 13K km.
    Actually, the mechanic did suggest to me when i serviced the bike at 10K to do it at 13K but I just didn't have the time till recently.
    You will feel a much smoother engine and the surprise for me, cold start without choke anymore.

when you did your 10k service did he clean the air filter as well? I thot of trying out Ah Cheng for my next service. Could you give me his address? The guy from whom I bought my bike from says shouldn't touch the carb but I think that's bu11$hit What a Face

but RM300 for a top service seems pricey. I suppose maybe coz many parts were changed.

cheers
    mahaza88

Post by mahaza88 Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Yep, filter was cleaned too. The carb is uite a simple mechanical device and cleaning by experienced person is not a problem at all.
    In fact, i don't mind trying it myself if I had the time (possibly a whole day for me as i'never done it b4)

Ah Chengs address
    Pusat motosikal Tmn Hormat
    No 431 Jln Limau Manis, Tmn Dato Hormat

Oh..he normally opens after 12pm.
    julian

Post by julian Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 am

mahaza88 wrote:Yep, filter was cleaned too. The carb is uite a simple mechanical device and cleaning by experienced person is not a problem at all.
    In fact, i don't mind trying it myself if I had the time (possibly a whole day for me as i'never done it b4)

Ah Chengs address
    Pusat motosikal Tmn Hormat
    No 431 Jln Limau Manis, Tmn Dato Hormat

Oh..he normally opens after 12pm.

thanks for the address bro cheers
    Raksasa
    Raksasa

Post by Raksasa Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:04 am

hello bro julian, have you sent your bike to AhCheng yet? isit exp? reliable? because im fed up with the workshop that i always visit. they are not being honest with me, always coming up with prices that are 20% higher than nearby. bought my BabyKwak there tho.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:13 am

If you search around, or join in some of our TT sessions, you will undoubtedly find that Ah Cheng is probably one of the place where every kippers might drop by at least once, even suppliers/dealers for accessories and parts recommends ah cheng for kips. Not only he's just your usual foreman, he's a pretty well known enthusiasist for our kawa kips. Price wise, i would say slightly higher than your average under the tree mechanic, but i would say, its price well worth paid. He services/inspects your bike covering all small details. So far, my visits to his shop remains satisfactory. or... maybe im overstating lol, but thats what i felt.
    alldisc
    alldisc

Post by alldisc Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

the biggest advantage of aceng is his shop is open from 12pm to 12 midnight, and that gives us the time advantage to service/repair our bike outside the working hours. imagine after finish work we can go home first, take a bath. rest for a while - even take a short nap. have dinner at home then at 8 or 8.30pm we can go to aceng. also can go jalan-jalan at sunway pyramid.
    jayjeffrey
    jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

ah cheng close around 9-9.30pm bro... but yea he opens around 12.30.
    asrolsani
    asrolsani

Post by asrolsani Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:03 pm

someday i will go to ah cheng shop... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:19 pm